Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 AM

589 posts, read 1,560,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Just gave you a rep for your list of tunes elsewhere.

LOL--Victor, Victoria. A number of good scenes in that one.

Certain Robin Williams watched it a few times--cannot think of the film--Matthew Broderick was involved--living in Miami together--son decided to marry the daughter of a conservative politician. Hilarity ensued.
Thanks. Oh, I remember that movie... "The Birdcage"... it was hilarious!

YouTube - We are family. Gene Hackman. The Birdcage. Jaula de grillos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 12:17 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
The opening scene of Super Troopers.
I'm freaking out!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:35 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
Thanks. Oh, I remember that movie... "The Birdcage"... it was hilarious!

YouTube - We are family. Gene Hackman. The Birdcage. Jaula de grillos
and let us not forget 'Moulin Rouge' while we are on the topic.

Nicole and Baz--glad she got the statue and has moved on. I will at some point see 'Australia'???, her most recent film or the last one I heard of.\

'Waltzing Matilda'--sang that in elementary school--never knew the deeper implications. I will say that the people of 'Oz' have handled their issues as admirably as any group on the planet. Raising a mug in honor of Down Under.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:11 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,065 times
Terms of Endearment. The scenes when Jack and Shirley went on their first date.

He didn't have the top on his convertible and her hair got all messed up.

When they were at the restaurant and he was flirting with the ladies next their table and Shirley gets mad and tells him how rude that is.

Then Jack says something like, "I think we're going to have to get drunk" and Shirley says "I don't get drunk" he says; "You need a lot of drinks" then she said, "To break the ice?" then he replies "To kill the bug up your *****"

The part when she says "Impatient boys sometimes miss dessert"

When she invites him over to look at her painting and he runs. lol

What a classic movie, very funny and very sad.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
A number of fine moments in that film. Jack and Shirley--'masters of their domains'.
~Seinfeld~

Old 02-05-2009, 09:39 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
The opening of Four Weddings and A Funeral, where everyone's muttering the F bomb.

The scene in The Money Pit where Shelly Long's character is baking a turkey and wants to take a hot bath. The electricity in the kitchen shorts out, blows out a blender, a TV and a fan, the fan blows the flame out on the gas stove, and the turkey flies out the kitchen window and into the bathroom window. Tom Hanks pours the hot water into the tub, and it crashes through the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
The mailbox vandalism scene in Dazed and Confused, when Mitch uses the bowling ball. They all look at each other in nervous surprise, then totally crack up as they speed off.
One of my favorite movies! I love it when one kid's mom opens the door and levels a shotgun at O'Bannion -- or, when Tony, Mike and Cynthia are driving around looking for something to do, they start discussing their futures. Cynthia says "But what are we preparing for?" and Mike, in the back seat, says "Death."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't see a lot of comedies but I adore Mars Attacks! It would have to be the scene where the alien who comes in peace, fries Congress.
I love Sylvia Sydney's character (the grandma), especially when she gets to blow up all the aliens by playing her favorite Slim Whitman records!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:39 AM

7 posts, read 18,353 times
"It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" - 1963 - Jonathan Winters, is chasing Phil Silvers because he tricked him into throwing his bicycle away in the middle of nowhere. Winters innocently told Silvers about the $350,000 of stolen money hidden in a park & Silvers is trying to beat him to it. Winters has been knocked out and Silvers tells the owners of a brand new gas station on their opening day that he is a psychiatrist & Winters is a murderous maniac they must hold until he can get back. They tie him to a chair and the chair is tied to a pole in their garage. When he wakes up, he quietly tells them to untie him & when they refuse, he goes berserk and proceeds to destroy their station & beat them up. When he finally leaves, there is literally not one wall standing.

"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" 1966 - Slave, Zero Mostel, scheming for his freedom has talked Jack Gilford into pretending to be the dead fiancee of a returning Roman centurion. He's wearing a blonde wig & women's clothes even though his feet are ridiculously huge under the shroud. When the centurion announces he wants her body to be cremated, Mostel has to scramble to keep him from jumping up and hide the shroud lifting from the huge burst of air from Gilman's mouth.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 AM

134 posts, read 184,245 times
When Regina King" character put baby oil on the bathroom floor & spanked her cheating husband in "This Christmas"

Old 02-28-2009, 03:11 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,754,931 times
Towards the beginning of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid: A member of the Hole in the Wall Gang (Harvey Logan) challenges Butch to a fight (for control of the gang).
Harvey: "Sundance, when we're done, and he's dead, you're welcome to stay."
Butch (to Sundance): "Listen, I don't mean to be a sore loser, but when it's done, if I'm dead, kill him."
Sundance (to Butch): "Love to."
Sundance smiles and waves at Harvey.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:48 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,894 times
In Buffy the Vampire Slayer, when Paul Newman(sp?) (Pee Wee Herman, haha) is dying, and he just keeps going Arrrgh, agh, etc. Gets me every time! Dumb, I know, but it's my fave part of the movie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies