Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:22 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,698,824 times

Advertisements

What's your favorite movie funny scene?

Here are a few of mine: Steve Martin and John Candy waking up in each other's arms in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." Dudley Moore's dancing while undressing in "Foul Play." Cary Grant learning his little old lady aunts are killing people in "Arsenic and Old Lace." The scene in "What's Up Doc" in which the old judge brings out all of his medication.

Last edited by jadybug; 05-30-2008 at 05:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 06:06 PM

1,177 posts, read 459,127 times
I don't know why but everytime I watch the "whiskey" scene from Hot Rod I laugh hysterically.
you can see it here:

YouTube - hotrod whisky
my son does a great job quoting it too and makes me laugh everytime he does it.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:07 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,545,084 times
The campfire scene in Blazing Saddles.

The scene in Airplane when the autopilot deflates and the stewardess had to blow it up through its manual inflation valve.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,911,521 times
When James Garner calls Time Out during the shootout so he can get a better hiding spot in "Support Your Local Sheriff".

Old 05-30-2008, 08:34 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
In the Nake Gun movie-not sure which-where Leslie Nielsen shoots the grappling hook over the building and it catches on the doberman guard dog's collar, and he's hoisting himself and the dog up at the same time, then they come face to face and he takes off running across the roof, and falls through, then he's getting patted down and trying to give his signal, saying "I've been swimming in raw sewage-'I LOVE it' "as the guy's patting him down, he's saying "I LOVE it!" It was the one with Rober Goulet.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:31 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
LOL that is part 2. Great movie especially when he pulls that heavy set man's pants down in front of hundreds of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
In the Nake Gun movie-not sure which-where Leslie Nielsen shoots the grappling hook over the building and it catches on the doberman guard dog's collar, and he's hoisting himself and the dog up at the same time, then they come face to face and he takes off running across the roof, and falls through, then he's getting patted down and trying to give his signal, saying "I've been swimming in raw sewage-'I LOVE it' "as the guy's patting him down, he's saying "I LOVE it!" It was the one with Rober Goulet.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:20 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,100,217 times
Great thread OP:

Here's 3

The zipper scene in "There's Something about Mary" totally cracked me up.

The fistfight between Adam Sandler and Bob Barker in "Happy Gilmore" was hilarious, the price is wrong b##ch.

Leslie Nielson as the umpire in "Naked Gun" cracks me up every time I see it.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:30 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,447,646 times
My vote goes to the scene in Something About Mary and the hair gel. Of course, so many scenes in that movie are a hoot.

Growing up, I watched A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Forum with my Dad, and laughed all the way through it too.

I also recall the funny scene about the two brothers, wealthy fellows, who vie for the attentions of the chauffeur's daughter -- the 'playboy' of the two has champagne flutes in his back pants' pockets, and is forced to sit down. The next scene, he is on his belly, pants down, as they pick out the glass. What was that movie called? I saw the classic, but I think there's even been a remake. I seem to recall Audrey Hepburn playing the role of the chauffeur's daughter? Sabrina, maybe?

Old 05-31-2008, 08:39 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
There are so many great funny movies to choose from. Here are a few that come to mind:

Borat - The naked fight between Borat and Azamat.
Borat - When he was learning how to drive.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles - Steve Martin at the car rental place after he found out his car was not there.
YouTube - Planes Trains and Automobiles
Easy Money - Rodney Dangerfield and Joe Pesci "Browsing"
Back to School - The Triple Lindy -
YouTube - Back to School - Triple Lindy
Old School - pretty much every scene with Will Farrell

Old 06-01-2008, 11:02 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Funniest scene ever from the best movie ever;

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot; PS, rated R; be careful.

Cheers to the OP for a great thread and listing 2 great movies: PT&A, and What's Up Doc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies