Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:26 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,777,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
I don't think that the store should be held accountable for that. The people who bought into it should.

I hope they are charged with manslaughter at a minimum. Those people, not the store.
Sorry, I think the store should be held accountable for advertising in such a way that brings out the "greedy" crowds, and then not providing for enough security to keep the crowds from breaking down the doors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 09:05 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,118,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Sorry, I think the store should be held accountable for advertising in such a way that brings out the "greedy" crowds, and then not providing for enough security to keep the crowds from breaking down the doors.
Maybe its both sides fault for the death of that person. Wasn't he a part-time employee? They say that he died trying to protect an expecting Mother.

If so, God Bless them that lay down thier life for other.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:19 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,305,191 times
It all makes me rather curious about what kind of people these parents are, the ones who rush so madly chasing possible bargains and having shoot-outs at toy stores. I wonder if any of them have ever contributed to Toys for Tots, or volunteered at a soup kitchen, or done anything whatsoever for anyone else in honor of any holiday. There are so many who are in real need, yet these people 'need' to get a bargain or the latest toy - what kind of values are they teaching their children? It makes me wonder what their children will grow up to be like.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,949,093 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/26/bu...26moms.html?em

Quote:
To Buy Children’s Gifts, Mothers Do Without

"Come Christmas, McKenna Hunt, a gregarious little girl from Safety Harbor, Fla., will receive the play kitchen and the Elmo doll she wants.

But her mother, Kristen Hunt, will go without the designer jeans she covets this season."
Who says Americans don't sacrifice for their kids? Going without designer jeans? Now THAT is a message to instill morals, ethics and compassion in children!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:24 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,531,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Nope. Store is merely marketing and cannot be held responsible for stupid people.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:39 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,777,259 times
Quote:
Nope. Store is merely marketing and cannot be held responsible for stupid people.
Sorry, if I have a party, and invite 500 people to my house, knowing there's no way I can control a crowd of that size, and a melee breaks out, I'm responsible for creating the environment in which the stupid people behave. There is blame on both parties.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/26/bu...26moms.html?em

Who says Americans don't sacrifice for their kids? Going without designer jeans? Now THAT is a message to instill morals, ethics and compassion in children!
Huh. The closest I've ever come to coveting designer jeans was wanting Levi 501s and Woolrich shirts. I didn't even have kids yet then, though. And I still have some Woolrich shirts that are 30 or more years old, so I guess one could say they were more of an investment rather than keeping up with the latest fashions.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:42 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,531,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Huh. The closest I've ever come to coveting designer jeans was wanting Levi 501s and Woolrich shirts. I didn't even have kids yet then, though. And I still have some Woolrich shirts that are 30 or more years old, so I guess one could say they were more of an investment rather than keeping up with the latest fashions.
Wow .... those ARE designer

You ought to try the RealRanch jeans at Atwoods. Around $10 and a great fit!!

Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,389,058 times
Many people have sued businesses after being injured in their store. So businesses must carry some type insurance coverage for cusomers will on their premises. Even if the suit is frivolous. I don't think they can just decide whether or not they'll take responsibility.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Wow .... those ARE designer

You ought to try the RealRanch jeans at Atwoods. Around $10 and a great fit!!
Not designer so much as designed for work. A lot of the fishermen stagged their shirts, and I had a friend who collected all the cut off pieces and made herself a patchwork vest from them. Now, THAT was really neat! As for the rest, I'm not buying anymore anything to wear until I wear out what I brought with me, with the possible exception of shorts for the summer, that is - don't have many of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies