Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:02 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times

Advertisements

Some of these have probably been covered but:
Black cop/White cop movies
Horrible childrens sports team overcomes to win it all!!
German/English,Blonde guys are always the bad guy/Terrorist
People from the middle-east are rarely depicted as Terrorist's Duh!(See above)
Cars get shot at 100 times but still drive in a car chase scene
People survive massive explosions,fires
All cars that drive off a cliff must explode.
Lack of asians in most mainstream movies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 01:38 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
1. I hate when movie is supposed to be set in some midwestern or other city but being born in LA I can always recognize LA streets and scenery in the background.

2. I hate when they try to make pretty boys look tough by having them wear leather jackets and grow a 5 o'clock shadow (Spanish novellas and Indian movies are most guilty of this). Does putting a leather jacket on Ricky Martin and having him not shave really make him look tough? I dont think so.

3. I hate movies with lots of gunfire and no one gets shot - Tomb Raider is guilty of this.

4. Romantic comedy where there is always some wise black person who always gives advice to the lead but doesnt have love themselves.

5. Casting of hot young actors/actresses who are supposed to be scientists or doctors (Denise Richards in James Bond and Megan Fox in Transformers). I just dont buy it.

6. Black people always given roles to act "ethnic" or "ol lawdy", "Yall crazy" types. I dont know any black people in real life that act or talk that way.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:49 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times
When people who have never used a gun in their life pick one up and start firing away. Their hands aren't shaky, they don't flinch, their aim is steady, and they always hit their target. BS! Anyone who has experience shooting a gun know that it takes PRACTICE and your first time shooting one can be a bit freaky-"So, where's the safety on this thing?"

Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Details ignored in "period movies". When I watch a movie based before the birth of airplanes, I don't want to see a contrail in the sky.

Also, in old movies the actresses always wore gobs of skillfull makeup for rolls in periods when women didn't look like that. Same with hair. It isn't like that anymore, though.

NativeNYCer: I wear contact lenses for near-sightedness; however, they affect my reading vision, so I still have to throw on off-the-shelf specs all the time. There are bifocal contact lenses but they're very expensive. :-)

Old 01-07-2009, 01:21 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
No matter how early in the morning or late in the afternoon it is, nobody ever casts a long shadow, or has to squint into the low sun.

Have you notice that cars often do not have interior rear-view mirrors when viewed from the outside? They take them off, so as to not have to worry about reflections of crew or equipemt on the set. They only leave them in the car (or put them back) if it is needed for an actor to look into the mirror.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 PM

40 posts, read 107,071 times
Bad soundtracks to a movie always get to me, if you don't know what would go there hire someone to tell you.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
I think my biggest pet peeve are really awful child actors. So many of them are just terrible (Marley and Me comes to mind) and oh, were they BAD! If you want to show kids, let them act like kids, not creepy stepford kids!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Also - I just can't hear what the actors are saying - its not my hearing, my hearing is fine. They lower their voices, turn away, mumble - ARGH - shouldn't the sound editor DO something about that?

And - why are all these really crowded cities/streets/subways portrayed as half-populated, hardly any traffic?
I would love to live in a half-populated world. Their apts always look really nice too, way more than most of the characters could begin to afford.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
The annoying film 'Jumanji' never fails to make me cringe.

Out of their minds when they made that one.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:28 PM

49 posts, read 110,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeNYCer View Post
This goes for tv shows too:
1. Why is it that whenever someone needs to read something important, all of sudden, they put glasses on. How is it that someone can go thru almost an entire movie or tv show w/no glasses on, but all of sudden, when they're reading, they have to put them on. As someone who where's glasses, I can tell you that I have to wear them ALL THE TIME (or contact lenses )
2. Why is it whenever someone is given a gift, instead of opening it, they always say, "what is this"? and the person has to tell them to open it. ANNOYING.
3. Why is it whenever a woman is grabbed by the arm by a man, she always has to say "you're hurting me". Really? Is he hurting you?

It's all so predictable.
#1 is great, I never really payed any attention to that lol

-I hate the 555 phone numbers.
-In all chase scenes in horror movies the person fleeing trips.
-In action movies everyone just hops on motorcycles as if they've been riding their entire life.
-When going off road in a motorcycle scene the bike magically has off road tires. (Mission Impossible 2)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies