Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
That was from an interview done with Eckhardt not too long ago. Eckhardt had asked Nolan if there was any chance he would be in any of the future installments and Noland told him, "not a chance, Two-Face is dead."
Who's the source? I'm getting mine from friends and cohorts from the industry. You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 07:15 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
No Riddler! No! No! No! No! I don't care who plays him. NO RIDDLER! One of the all-time stupidest, most nonsensical comic book villains. Worst. Villain. Ever.

The Penguin would be cool if they go with him as the vicious little gangster. The little sewer troll? Not so much.

Rachel Weisz as Catwoman... awesome.

Black Mask might be cool, especially if Liv Schrieber played him. Although it always kinda bugged me in the comics that the guy had no lips. How would he pronounce labial consonants? Can you imagine the dialogue? "You ha' 'oiled ee or the last tie 'at'an!"

Talia would be very cool as well, and I'd like to see R'as alGhul get another go.

Villains like Clayface or Killer Croc... I dunno. Might be hard to pull off in live action without going goofy.

Mr. Freeze, if they play him as the tragic figure like in the Dini/Timm cartoons, would be awesome.

And you know, as sorely as Ledger would be missed, I wouldn't mind seeing the Joker come back. There are other brilliant actors out there who could pull it off. But if Joker comes back, I demand Harley Quinn, and I'd like to see Kristen Bell play her.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM

40 posts, read 107,103 times
I think Depp can play a good anything, but I really agree with John Malkovich would be a great as a dark riddler. I hadn't thought of that ... good call!

Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 PM

71 posts, read 208,401 times
Definitely, definitely, definitely - and with all due respect to Heath - want The Joker back. Superhero franchises always kill themselves by wiping out their most important villain after one go. Joker gave us so much to work with and I absolutely would love to see him break free from Arkham to take part in a third - and, ideally, final - Nolan Batman adaptation.

Aside from that, Riddler could work as someone who's working with the law, if they do it right. Depp or Malkovich only for that role, IMO. Batman against the law opens up the opportunity to have Riddler as somebody trying to track him down.

As we know by now, these movies are philosophical and smart. Whoever they use, they'll make it work well. However, because of the franchise modeling itself as such, there are limits as to who it can be.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:03 PM

90 posts, read 210,429 times
Well I have to say point blank that MICKEY ROURKE was made to play a BATMAN VILLAIN. Which one i do not know. But Dark, NO BS, Intense & Violent. Definitely R rated. A true showdown between Batman & Rourke would be an all time classic. Maybe they even leave us hanging at the end as to whether Batman survived.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:54 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Who's the source? I'm getting mine from friends and cohorts from the industry. You?

It was an interview done with Aaron Eckhardt. It came straight from his mouth.

It's funny your "cohorts" say what they did when just a month ago Nolan said in an interview that they havent even dediced to do a third one yet and are only discussing possibilities with the storyline and even if they want to do it. Nothing has been determined in regards to villians and no actors signed at all. Again, that is straight from Nolan's mouth. He said he is focusing on other projects right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies