U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:20 PM

40 posts, read 100,110 times

Advertisements

I've been watching Quentin movies for years now and the way he captures characters and story lines blow my mind. I think anytime your the director and the writer it is easier to show what your going for, but either way I think his work is amazing and I don't understand people who dislike his movies.

What do you think about Tarantino?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 01:33 PM

4,183 posts, read 5,642,856 times
I'm on board. I love them. I think Kill Bill Vols one and two are the best Movie and Sequel ever done. I can't say enough good about his movies.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:51 PM

461 posts, read 1,362,524 times
I have to agree. I love his movies and I think he makes brilliant music choices. I always buy his movies and the soundtracks.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,921,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katimae View Post
I have to agree. I love his movies and I think he makes brilliant music choices. I always buy his movies and the soundtracks.
Twisted but great story lines!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:09 PM

90 posts, read 193,675 times
Violent. NO BS. Intense. R Rated. Won't sacrifice artistic freedom for a rating. Gives you your $$ worth.
If you love those things he's your guy along with Walter Hill.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:18 PM

5,763 posts, read 10,079,345 times
Everything he has ever done has been gold. He delivers uniqueness in every single project. His dialog is always superb. He makes his movies not caring what the mainstream wants or thinks.

But, I can understand those not liking his movies. They arent for everyone.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,786,030 times
I love his movies, but especially the ones he does with Robert Rodriguez. They are deffinately off the beaten path, and acquired, but they are for me! I even like his low budget ones like the new one "Sukiyaki Western Jango".

Old 01-30-2009, 04:38 AM

8,210 posts, read 12,420,274 times
I don't mind violence but I don't like most of his stuff. Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction ok. But he produced Hostel, Hostel II. Yuck. I'm not sure how many truly new ideas are out there anyway but even if his all stuff really was unique it doesn't make it good. And while this doesn't really matter I'm going to say it anyway because if he was a woman it would be remarked on everytime "her" hame came up - he's really quite unattractive.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:17 AM

13,394 posts, read 41,911,334 times
Tarantino's work has been said to be style over substance; too much self-consciously hip set-piece and not enough introspective character building.
But *what* style!
Uma Thurman in her yellow track suit, slicing through the snowflakes. (Kill Bill.)
DeNiro toking with Bridget Fonda. (Jackie Brown.)
Samuel Jackson getting medieval (Pulp Fiction.)
I love his soundtrack choices, as well.
The thing is, so much of Tarantino's movies are homage paid to other films: performances, director's choices, etc.
I pick up on some of this stuff, but I have not seen enough to know all of it.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:51 AM

90 posts, read 193,675 times
Style over Substance is fun to look at, even if it doesn't change your life. Sometimes it's fun to just go to the movies & look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies