Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 08:48 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,725,323 times

Advertisements

Battleship Earth made me give up mocking bad movies for over a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 09:03 PM

21 posts, read 42,173 times
For me Kevin Costner's Wyatt Earp was absolutely painful to sit through at over 3 hours. To this day about the only thing good I have to say about the movie was that after seeing it I vowed never to see Waterworld!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,234,516 times
In 55+ years, I've seen a lot of awful movies, but these have nothing that redeems them for me though I know some are among others' favorites. Even actors I really like failed to win me over to these. I'm sure others name films that I actually like, so this is turnabout.

Jaws IV
Tentacles
Hounddog
Savage Planet
Halloween (2007)
Meet the Spartans
The Unseen (2005)
Our Very Own (2005)
Battle of Los Angeles
The Blair Witch Project
The Time Traveler's Wife
The Men Who Stare at Goats
Beyond the Poseidon Adventure
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Carnival of Souls (1998) ~ The original is rightly a cult classic.
Evil Breed: The Legend of Samhain ~ I told you I watch awful movies.
The Creeping Terror ~ The alien is a raggedy shag carpet with people moving it by crawling.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button ~ I don't fall asleep during movies, but I came close to it several times.
Star Trek (2009) ~ This is a travesty! This is not "Star Trek"! Why didn't Abrams just cook up his own stuff instead of vivisecting Gene Roddenberry's creation?! PUTRID!
Vantage Point ~ By the third version, I was screaming at the screen! And, they just kept going. "Rashomon" and "Hero" did this brilliantly. This is how you DON'T do a film of this type.
Forrest Gump ~ Hanks even stole his performance from his brother! Check out Jim Hanks in the low-budget raunchy comedy "Buford's Beach Bunnies" (a movie a friend talked me into watching). Even Gary Sinise couldn't save the movie for me.

"The Giant Claw" comes close because of the abyssmal "special" effects, something that looks like a rubber chicken with some feathers stuck in it suspended on wires. However, the script isn't bad at all! This IS so awful that it's a lot of fun, unlike any of those above. Heck! Even "Robot Monster" and "Eegah!" offer a lot of laughs, some of them intentional.

I'd add more, but some I couldn't even watch one time, so it's not fair to list them. If I was entertained in any way or if even one scene "saved" the film, it's not listed. To me, the ones I list were a complete waste of time.

EDIT: Whoopee! Someone listed "Titanic"! I'll second that in a millisecond! It took me two tries to just see the whole thing~first half then, days later, the second half. I was rooting for Billy to shoot Leo! What a skanky girl: hopping in the back of a car with a guy she just met, giving someone the finger (never would have been done by someone of her supposed class in that time period!), etc. Then, there's the rude "hero" getting snarky with the older man praying! BTW: This subplot is ripped off from the first episode of the TV series "The Time Tunnel"!

Last edited by MystMoonstruck; 01-08-2013 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: added movie

Old 01-09-2013, 04:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,159,902 times
Some pretty feeble picks here. No Country for Old Men and Unforgiven? Maybe Citizen Kane, too? I'm a bit frightened to hear your "best film" picks. I think you folks are confusing "movies I didn't at all like" with "very, very, very poorly made movies." If you think the first two fit that category, you need to find a new line of criticism.

Let me give you some examples of actual bad, bad, bad movies:

Raising Cain
Exorcist II
Nothing But Trouble
Freddie Got Fingered
The Swarm
Jaws IV

Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,328,490 times
Manhattan
Lost in translation

Both bored me to tears, and to this day I still don't understand all the praise they got...

Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,234,516 times
A film can be poorly made and still be entertaining~for example, "Plan 9 from Outer Space". A film can cost multi-millions and be a total loss~for example, "The Transformers" films.

I know what "worst" means to me, particularly those you wish would just end but take a seeming eternity to get there. Low budget doesn't equal "worst", just as lavish doesn't equal "best".

I'm 60+, and, for most of it, I've been capable of judging movies. We all approach them on a private basis. One person's masterpiece is another's garbage.

Last edited by MystMoonstruck; 01-09-2013 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-09-2013, 04:39 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,148,192 times
Contagion.
Nightmare on elm street (Remake)
Day of the dead (Remake)
Jack and Jill (Unwatchable)
Conan the barbarian (Remake again)
G.I. Joe
Monster brawl

Old 01-09-2013, 04:59 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,613,303 times
Some might disagree with me, but I don't care.

Natural Born Killers - Only movie ever that I felt so annoyed I left the theatre halfway through the movie
Jarhead - I remember after watching thinking that's 2 hours of my life I can't get back
Eyes Wide Shut
Blair Witch Project
Howard The Duck
New Years Eve

Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM

8,331 posts, read 13,470,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Battleship Earth made me give up mocking bad movies for over a year.
Oddly enough, I kind of enjoyed it but yes, it was not a good movie. I still can't believe I have a copy of it.

I endured a lot of bad movies but after 20 minutes in, Dead Man's Bounty made me wanna slit my own wrist after setting myself on fire!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:53 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,162,890 times
Nothing listed here can come close to this gloriously bad movie, reviewed in the video below.

BIRDEMIC: The Best Worst Movie Ever - JonTron - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies