Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:33 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,630,237 times

Advertisements

The OP is ridiculous if he thought Malcolm X was bad. That's one of the most amazing American movies of all time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 AM

405 posts, read 823,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No Country for Old Men. It had no ending.
RUBBISH!!! That movie was great, and it DID have an ending!!! You just had to pay attention to the sudden twist; it ended from the Sherriff's perspective instead of Luellen's. Watch it again and you'll get it.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 AM

405 posts, read 823,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
The OP is ridiculous if he thought Malcolm X was bad. That's one of the most amazing American movies of all time.
I agree!!! OP must be white.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:46 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,716,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I'm gonna be the grown up and say.....

these are movies I didn't like.....not that they were bad....well they were bad to me:

Million Dollar Baby
Sideways
Pulp Fiction
Mr & Mrs Smith
The last Raiders of the lost Arc.
Bill and Ted
Dumb and Dumber
Dogma
The Beast within
Men in Black
Independence Day
Any of the Oceans movies
How can you hate those?

Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 PM

15 posts, read 34,685 times
the first scenes out of les miserables (2012) was just disturbing to me..

russel crowe and hugh jackman singing

a priest doing mass in latin sounds better

and while anne hathaway was singing " i dreamed a dream" the camera was only focusing on the face and shoulder (there must be a term for this in movie-making) the whole time. it didn't zoom out one bit. boring is an understatement.

i enjoyed the thenardier part! it was hilarious

Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,271,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP72 View Post
Halloween 3
Just for you :

Halloween III Silver Shamrock Commercial - YouTube

Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,333,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
What! Malcolm X is one of the greatest movies of all time. Denzel is absolutely magnificent, and Spike Lee's direction is amazing. This is his magnum opus. Possibly the best biopic of all time. This is not just a good movie, but also an important movie. Such a great film....
I agree

Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito Brigante View Post
I agree!!! OP must be white.
Must have made him feel uncomfortable at the theater around all of those black folks. I guess he won't be watch django either

Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 PM

Starship Troopers all of them (but I did like the special effects)

Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,234,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

I LOVE this film! When it came out and people started squawking about it, I was really confused because who cares that Michael isn't in it?! It's a very creepy film with great shock moments. I wish that John Carpenter could have followed his original plan: a series of films about Halloween but without recurring characters.

Imagine having the audacity to gruesomely kill a child on camera! Then there's the scene in which the woman is examining the button... Plus, just the opening scene is so spooky and ominous, one of the best openings to a movie that I can think of, reminding me somewhat of "Kiss Me Deadly".

I do think that this film is gaining in reputation, with more people revisiting it and others just now discovering it.

EDIT: Oops! I see that this is supposed to be the worst list. So, to stay on topic, I'll add these, which simply do not appeal to me:
Cast Away ~ I could not bring myself to watch this. I don't care for Tom Hanks after "Splash", maybe "Big". He just got too full of himself. I don't think he's a good actor, and he's not much to look at. I didn't want to see a half-dressed Hanks alone on an island. That would be too much to deal with. Uck! The ads were bad enough.

The Happening ~ I doubt that I need to explain this one. It's simply all-'round atrocious to me. I even watched it a second time to verify that it was as dreadful as I first thought. I'll stick with the Sixties film titled "The Happening", starring Anthony Quinn, Faye Dunaway (her film debut?), Michael Parks, Robert Walker Jr., George Maharis, Martha Hyer, Milton Berle and a host of great character actors.

Hancock ~ Stinkbomb! I kept thinking it might get just a little better, but it's a complete loss to me. My dislike of Will Smith couldn't overcome it. I have yet to see him in any role I like.

Wild Wild West ~ Even Kevin Kline couldn't save this in any way~not even the giant mechanical spider! It's an insult to the TV series, which is a lot of fun, always enjoyable and provides us with the handsome duo of Robert Conrad and Ross Martin.

anything with Adam Sandler

Last edited by MystMoonstruck; 01-13-2013 at 07:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies