Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:55 AM

151 posts, read 272,485 times

Advertisements

The Fallen comes to mind. On the back of the DVD it said that it was better then Saving Private Ryan. I only got to 30 minutes and then turned it off!

Traffic, I can't remember what I was actually watching. Watched it all though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 01:00 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,179,019 times
Traffic? Wow, I love that movie and think it is terrific.

One that I always say is the worst= The Butterfly Effect

Old 02-04-2009, 01:05 AM

589 posts, read 1,561,068 times
Pulp Fiction

I don't understand why critics love it.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 AM

1,440 posts, read 4,419,453 times
The Unbearable Lightness Of Being.... forever by me retitled as The Unbearable Agony Of Watching.

Meet Joe Black.... never could figure out a thing about this movie.

Mr & Mrs Smith... if it wasn't part of a drive-in double bill I'd have felt twice as cheated. Maybe I just don't like the wooden acting approach of Brad Pitt.

The Strangers.... w/ Liv Tyler, and I usually like her in movies. Another second on the drive-in bill feature that I certainly wouldn't have paid for on its own. Can't wait for part 2. Brad Pitt will probably be in it.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 AM

151 posts, read 272,485 times
I almost forgot! So far the worse mob movie has to be 10th and Wolf. This coud have been so much better considering its based upon 1980's Philadelphia and the mafia power struggle they had.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:10 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,545,969 times
I'm gonna be the grown up and say.....

these are movies I didn't like.....not that they were bad....well they were bad to me:

Million Dollar Baby
Sideways
Pulp Fiction
Mr & Mrs Smith
The last Raiders of the lost Arc.
Bill and Ted
Dumb and Dumber
Dogma
The Beast within
Men in Black
Independence Day
Any of the Oceans movies

Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,216,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
and to round out the list, basically anything Eddie Murphy has done in the past ten years or so.
That reminds me: Bowfinger and Golden Child :barf:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
Pulp Fiction

I don't understand why critics love it.
Oh, I do. I hated the movie but couldn't go far enough to say the "worst" movie I ever saw...ie I distinguish between what I hated because it's not my thing and what I hated because I thought it was just plain bad.

Just thought of a couple more:

Demolition Man
Terminator 3

Old 02-04-2009, 08:32 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,498,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
The Sailor Who Fell From Grace from the Sea
Out of Africa
Family Stone
The Villain
The Oscar

Enjoyed both of those. Wouldn't want to see them 'every day'.
Beginning to like 'Goodfellas' less --who knows why but it seems to be on a lot --Comcast Cable. TBS-did that with 'An American President'-- there are others in the same category. PBS--guilty of this with 'Anne of Green Gables'--still enjoy it but ---give me strength--I don't need/want to see it 50 times.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzwell View Post
The Unbearable Lightness Of Being.... forever by me retitled as The Unbearable Agony Of Watching.

Meet Joe Black.... never could figure out a thing about this movie.

Mr & Mrs Smith... if it wasn't part of a drive-in double bill I'd have felt twice as cheated. Maybe I just don't like the wooden acting approach of Brad Pitt.
The Strangers.... w/ Liv Tyler, and I usually like her in movies. Another second on the drive-in bill feature that I certainly wouldn't have paid for on its own. Can't wait for part 2. Brad Pitt will probably be in it.

Last night all I could find was 'Thelma and Louise'--Brad was being questioned. Had to find a book and read.

So tired of that film and all involved.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
I'm gonna be the grown up and say.....

these are movies I didn't like.....not that they were bad....well they were bad to me:

Million Dollar Baby
Sideways
Pulp Fiction
Mr & Mrs Smith
The last Raiders of the lost Arc.
Bill and Ted
Dumb and DumberDogma
The Beast within
Men in Black
Independence Day
Any of the Oceans movies
Absolutely. Haven't seen 'The Beast Within' but based on our shared taste I won't bother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies