Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:15 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I hope I'm getting better at not actually seeing "worst" movies but I have to go with these I have seen in the movie theater:

5. Spanglish - (not one single likable/redeemable character in the entire movie - just say "no" to movies with neurotic California characters and the undeserving sainted maid or nanny that always shows up in them)
6. Annie Hall - What in God's name did people like about this movie?
7. Shakespeare In Love - What in God's name did people like about this movie?

There are other movies that were boring or stupid but the ones above stand out because they made me angry when I left the movie theater.
Spanglish--agreed. But for whatever reasons I gave them credit for 'honesty'--

Annie Hall--there are times when I think Diane Keaton and Woody should not exist--but from that film came the phrase--'Ladeeedaa' and the vests--how I love/loved the vests.

Shakespeare in Love--weel, at times Gwyneth gets it right and this was one of those occasions. Fan of the Bard's, etc--

hth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 10:23 AM

891 posts, read 3,053,636 times
The absolute, hands down, worst movie I've ever endured was "My Own Private Idaho"

Old 02-04-2009, 10:28 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
Pink Flamingos gets my vote

Old 02-04-2009, 10:32 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
The Crying Game
Ishtar

Old 02-04-2009, 10:36 AM

151 posts, read 272,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Pink Flamingos gets my vote
Thats the one where the man eats the dog turd!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
thats the one where the man eats the dog turd!
omg.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:01 AM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Three movies I walked out on: What About Bob?; The Cable Guy; Pink Flamingos

Movies I wish I would have walked out on: Beaches; Looking for Mr. Goodbar; Men In Black; Sleepless in Seattle; Bram Stoker's Dracula; Born on the Fourth of July

Classic and/or popular movies where I just don't get the appeal: An Affair to Remember; Close Encounters of the Third Kind; Bull Durham; When Harry Met Sally; Gene Kelly movies; Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; and anything with Clark Gable in it aside from Gone With the Wind.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Three movies I walked out on: What About Bob?; The Cable Guy; Pink Flamingos I know.

Movies I wish I would have walked out on: Beaches; Looking for Mr. Goodbar; Men In Black; Sleepless in Seattle; Bram Stoker's Dracula; Born on the Fourth of July-- I know. Love SIS, never saw the other 2

Classic and/or popular movies where I just don't get the appeal: An Affair to Remember; Close Encounters of the Third Kind; Bull Durham; When Harry Met Sally; Gene Kelly movies; Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; and anything with Clark Gable in it aside from Gone With the Wind.
In reference to the third group--Affair to Remember-- well-done, romance. Bull Durham--take it or leave it; Close Encounters--would have liked it more w/o the person I was with; Harry Met Sally--funny--ROFLMAO in parts; Gene Kelly--good dancer--not always in the mood for all the singing and dancing; agree about Clark.

One of the funniest moments for me--Madonna's 'Evita' and what on earth was Antonio Banderas doing--singing away at moments that seemed to call for 'a few words'. You had to be there I suppose--I still LOL about that. Thought that version of 'Evita' was 'pretty good'--whatever.

I will just have to say that at times Michael Douglas irritates me. Forced to see one of his last movies the other night and wanted to smack him. In general I like his body of work.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:11 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,147,004 times
I've only walked out of two movies in my life (and they were both a long, long time ago)... one I can't remember the name of. Some awful Victoria Principal movie. And the second was Network.

Yeah, I know it was supposed to be great. But I hated it.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 PM

897 posts, read 1,592,344 times
Surf Nazis Must Die. You guys are listing gems compared to that piece of 5H!T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies