Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 06:04 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn_Guyland_Mom View Post
Forget Paris - Debra Winger, Billy Cyrstal... it had a great cast but still bored me to tears.
Unless you hate Billy Crystal this is baffling. It was no Harry met Sally but along those lines.

Thought of another one: featured Michael Keaton, I think called "Duplicity" where he is cloned - wow this was incredibly bad (and I like him).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 09:08 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Saw V..... only becuase I paid to see it..... with a girl, too, so I paid double.
I waisted mine and her time and waisted my money.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:39 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,013,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Saw V..... only becuase I paid to see it..... with a girl, too, so I paid double.
I waisted mine and her time and waisted my money.
The entire "Saw" series except for the first one is ignorant.....

Old 02-15-2009, 08:26 AM

11 posts, read 21,163 times
Slumdog Millionare-

Old 02-15-2009, 08:31 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times
Prospero's Books - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia There were literally less than a dozen moviegoers in the theater. One by one, people started to leave. I thought that I would try to stick it out since I paid good money to see it. But alas, I couldn't hold out any longer and left like the rest of them!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:52 AM

11 posts, read 21,163 times
Recent dislike: Gran turino. Old horrable movie: Remake of Witches Of Eastwick- Pure junk !.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:58 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
It's a tossup between Southland Tales and Tideland.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:48 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978) (TV)

and to round out the list, basically anything Eddie Murphy has done in the past ten years or so.
Gr8 list! Eddie Murphy was awesome in 48 Hours, Trading Places, and LIFE. I think his career was downhill after that. Beverly Hills Cop, huh uh. Nutty Professor, I just don't get it. That KISS flick could have/ should have killed the MTV experiment.

I liked the first half of Red Dawn. And
Mars Attacks was kinda funny.
Repo Man! Have you lost your mind?
Repo Man.
The Repo Code.
Bud meets Otto.
Otto and Light.

I hated Borat. That was disgusting and an insult to our senses.

Beaches... Steel Magnolias? See, I just know better. I'd never even attempt to watch that. Being There was a bad waste of my time and The Zohan is right down there with Borat. Call the worst movie on the Planet The Zorat.

Any movie where Sean Penn plays a retard.

Thin-Red Line. This was the first movie I took my wife to back when we were dating. She told me years later how bad it sucked and I told her I didn't even notice or pay attention to the flick.

Saving Silverman. Forgettable.

Dukes of Hazzard had some serious problems for me.

Disaster Movie.

Omen:The Final Conflict: the Big Finale was a letdown... kind of a disturbing thought.

Waterboy ; even Little Nicky had SOME redeeming qualities. This bit.

Knocked up.

Midnight Madness
! A dud from the long long ago. It's so stupid... maybe it wasn't too bad.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-17-2009 at 11:19 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 05:15 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,619,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Gr8 list! Eddie Murphy was awesome in 48 Hours, Trading Places, and LIFE. I think his career was downhill after that. Beverly Hills Cop, huh uh. Nutty Professor, I just don't get it. That KISS flick could have/ should have killed the MTV experiment.

I liked the first half of Red Dawn. And
Mars Attacks was kinda funny.
Repo Man! Have you lost your mind?
Repo Man.
The Repo Code.
Bud meets Otto.
Otto and Light.

I hated Borat. That was disgusting and an insult to our senses.

Beaches... Steel Magnolias? See, I just know better. I'd never even attempt to watch that. Being There was a bad waste of my time and The Zohan is right down there with Borat. Call the worst movie on the Planet The Zorat.

Any movie where Sean Penn plays a retard.

Thin-Red Line. This was the first movie I took my wife to back when we were dating. She told me years later how bad it sucked and I told her I didn't even notice or pay attention to the flick.

Saving Silverman. Forgettable.

Dukes of Hazzard had some serious problems for me.

Disaster Movie.

Omen:The Final Conflict: the Big Finale was a letdown... kind of a disturbing thought.

Waterboy ; even Little Nicky had SOME redeeming qualities. This bit.

Knocked up.

Midnight Madness
! A dud from the long long ago. It's so stupid... maybe it wasn't too bad.

Though my "DOG" pal and I agree on TV ( Joel and Soup make the earth stand still)and dislike alot of the same movies- I do believe "BEING THERE" to be forever on my top 10 bestest movies ever !

Old 02-18-2009, 05:21 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
I find Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin and Superbad (all Apatow movies), hysterically funny on the basest of levels.

Now, Dan in Real Life ... OMG ... horrible horrible horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies