Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 04:48 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times

Advertisements

Does anybody out there like the old Godzilla/Gamera movies we used to watch on ''Creature Feature'' back in the 60's and 70's. Yes its costumes and toy tanks etc.. but i still enjoy them. My favorate Godzilla was the classic ''Godzilla vs King Kong'' and their final battle on Mt.Fuji. Also ''Godzilla vs the Smog monster'' was a good battle.

Of the Gameras my favorate bad monster is Gaos. I admit from time to time i watch the trailer on youtube of ''Gamera vs Gaos'' even though its a 60's version and in japanese.

Does anybody else like these or am i the only crazy 40 year old who still watches these from time to time....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 05:06 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Godzilla vs. Mothra is my favorite. I also have a soft spot for Johnny Socko and Ultraman.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:26 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
heh
I remember Creature Feature!
My brothers liked those movies better than I did, but every now and then they'd rope me into watching with them.
The English translations cracked me up. "Victory is ours!"
I liked Mothra, too.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:41 PM

278 posts, read 802,591 times
I remember Creature Feature, and something on Saturdays called "Chiller Theater". I love the old Godzilla movies, and I still watch them!

Old 03-25-2007, 01:47 AM

330 posts, read 1,976,923 times
Default Godzilla movies

ha ha my son is 4 and is so into watching all of those old Godzilla movies, that are now on DVD. Today he watched a rare one. Godzilla vs Megalon, remember that? Had that robot named " Jet Jaguar".

Old 03-25-2007, 06:55 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsm196 View Post
Godzilla vs Megalon, remember that?
Was Megalon the robot Godzilla ??

If you want to hear a wicked monster sound go to youtube and type Gamera vs Gaos as the trailer is only a couple of minutes long...But the first 30 to 45 seconds is all Gaos and he's destroying everything in his path and his Screech he makes is just a wicked sounding. They did a good joib for a 60's creation...

Old 03-25-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Godzilla

Nope your actually thinking of Mecha Godzilla, that was the silver, metallic robot Godzilla.

Megalon was a cockroach looking creature from the movie " Godzilla vs Megalon" And in that movie Godzilla teams up with this robot named " Jet Jaguar" . If you google.com the name " Jat Jaguar" you will find info on him.

I believe i have like 8 Godzilla films on DVD.My son watched another one last night.

Somewhere we have a 3 dvd box set of Gamera, i need to open that. And yes i do remember Gaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Was Megalon the robot Godzilla ??

If you want to hear a wicked monster sound go to youtube and type Gamera vs Gaos as the trailer is only a couple of minutes long...But the first 30 to 45 seconds is all Gaos and he's destroying everything in his path and his Screech he makes is just a wicked sounding. They did a good joib for a 60's creation...

Old 03-29-2007, 06:57 AM

489 posts, read 2,015,248 times
I miss television from back in the day. I remember Creature Features and was actually just thinking about Godzilla and Mothra the other day. Those were the days when we were all just fine to get by with under 10 TV channels to watch. Ah . . . the good ole days.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:30 AM

Default The good ole days --Godzilla

Ha Ha creature feature was great. Also on thanksgiving many channels in NY would play back to back monster movies, we watched hours of King Kong, Godzilla and Gamera.

Also do you remember the old TV's had the channel U? The letter U. Anyway my cousin found this odd looking antenna back in the 70's and we tried it on my TV and it was like magic channel U came in pretty clear and played tons of the Japanese monster movies, and a show called the shogun warriors cartoon. They would air these later at night.

I say bring back a cool channel that just plays old school monster movies.

Stay safe

QUOTE=FedUpInFtMyers;510484]I miss television from back in the day. I remember Creature Features and was actually just thinking about Godzilla and Mothra the other day. Those were the days when we were all just fine to get by with under 10 TV channels to watch. Ah . . . the good ole days. [/quote]

Old 04-01-2007, 09:54 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
creature feature, and creature double feature,,,there were a couple with baby godzilla, think the little one got his ass, kicked,,,and godzilla,,,came back to save the day,

we had an old black and white as kids, and entenna,, had 8 channels, but on saturday nights, after benny hill, we could pick up a french station "in between" two channels, and theyd be playing "les noctambles" and it was x-rated! as teenage boys, we thought we struck gold!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies