Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:54 PM

559 posts, read 651,378 times

Advertisements

Whether you expected it to be bad, and it was great, or vise versa...

I really expected Must Love Dogs to be a fun movie. For some reason I thought it was going to be like The Truth About Dogs, And Cats, (which was really cute...) But no, not even close. There was very few dogs in this movie, and way too much talk about feelings, and relationships.

Now, after hearing all the mixed reviews on Cloverfield, and the fact that I'm not really into movies like that, I can't believe how much I enjoyed it. I was sitting on the edge of my seat, (well, I was laying on my bed, but you know what I mean...) the whole time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 07:35 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
THE WAR OF THE WORLDS...I LOVED the original...the remake should be...well let's say not worth archiving...LOL.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:22 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,267,178 times
I mentioned in another thread just now that I usually don't go by what critics or the general public have to say about a movie. If a movie is loved by the public, I usually don't like it. And this was true for "Paranormal Activity"....sorely disappointed.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
We saw Romancing the Stone in a sneak preview some weeks before it's official release (many years back obviously). At the time we knew nothing about the film (just saw a newspaper ad for a Sneak Preview - and back then my wife, the kids and I went to just about anything). Needless to say we enjoyed the movie immensely and were not the slightest bit surprised it turned out to be such a big hit.

Ken

Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 AM

82 posts, read 139,990 times
The Burning Plain
When I saw it's trailer I thought that it is not a good movie, but when I watched the full movie with my friends I can't tell you how much we enjoyed this mind-blowing movie. The movie depicts a romantic mystery about a mysterious woman Sylvia (Charlize Theron), who is a house manager at a fancy restaurant. The effect on this movie is fantastic and its story is great.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 AM

113 posts, read 176,353 times
yes ,The Burning Plain,Marley and Me are those movie which i thought that these were not good..but these are the very interesting movies...

Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Paranormal Activity is the most recent one that surprised me. I didn't think I'd like it, turned out it was one of the scariest movies I've seen. Good stuff.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:49 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,700,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Paranormal Activity is the most recent one that surprised me. I didn't think I'd like it, turned out it was one of the scariest movies I've seen. Good stuff.
Hmmmm..Haven't seen it because several people I know said it wasn't very good.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:33 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,751 times
'Mad house'...a early 2000's horror flick..or phyco horro flick...the theme evolved around a mental institution...not that unsimiluar from 'One flew over the Cuckoos nest'...

Only this movie was a bit more graphic...and has a bizzare ending or revulation...

Old 01-25-2010, 02:20 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Hmmmm..Haven't seen it because several people I know said it wasn't very good.
Yeah, it's been a love it or hate type movie. The first 20 - 30 minutes are slow, but once it starts getting into the meat of the story it gets good. It plays on our fear of noises in the middle of the night, things that go bump, and the notion that it could possibly happen if you are inclined to believe in demons or ghosts. I thought it was well done and a welcome break from the cheesy remakes (most originals are always better) and CGI crap that has saturated the horror genre with predictable scare tactics and plots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies