Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 04:31 PM

578 posts, read 3,063,229 times

Advertisements

Just watched Freaks not seen it for a while
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 12:03 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,032,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I may have been given the wrong info,too late to delete,sorry
Guillermo del Toro is alive, well, and busy in Budapest, filming "Hellboy II". Early talk is that the sequel will be even more impressive than the original.

I recently read that action figures (hate that word) for "Pan's Labyrinth" will soon see the light of day. 'bout time. I have been perishing for the chance to have a statue of the Faun.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:35 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,893,720 times
Excellent edgy dark independent film, large cast with Hilary Swank and Patrick Swayze: 11:14. It'll keep you guessing and watching and on the edge of your seat. Not for kids.

Good movie to watch with children: Astronaut Farmer. Kind of improbable, but good story line. Billy Bob Thorton is great.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:31 PM

618 posts, read 1,610,567 times
I am a complete movie junkie! I watch about 10-15 different movies a week. This week I rented: Four Brothers, Disturbia, The O.C. season one, Office Space, Scrubs season four, Rebel without a Cause, Undertow, Poseidon, and the Italian Job.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:07 PM

136 posts, read 589,862 times
Watched Perfect stranger it was better than I thought it would be.
A journalist (Berry) goes undercover to ferret out businessman Harrison Hill (Bruce Willis) as her best friend's killer. Posing as one of his temps, she enters into a game of online cat-and-mouse.

Watched 1408 today it was different not what I expected.
A man who specializes in debunking paranormal occurrences checks into the fabled room 1408 in the Dolphin Hotel. Soon after settling in, he confronts genuine terror.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:38 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I imagine that a lot of us have Netflix or one of the other services which deliver DVD's to our homes.

What are you about to watch or what have you seen recently that you particularly enjoyed? I think it might be fun if people write mini-reviews for the rest of us who don't know what to rent next.
Recently watched the BBC mini series "Bleak House" and it was fabulous! The acting was terrific and so was the screenplay. Wonderful adaptation to the Charles Dickens Novel. Takes a while to get into, but well worth it.

Last night I watched "Darwin's Nightmare." Interesting documentary about life in Tanzania where the water is full of fish (perch) but the natives are starving. All the fish is flown out of the country and the Tanzanian's eat fish heads and scraps that are dried in the sun and then fried.

Greenie

Old 10-06-2007, 05:17 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Recently watched the BBC mini series "Bleak House" and it was fabulous! The acting was terrific and so was the screenplay. Wonderful adaptation to the Charles Dickens Novel. Takes a while to get into, but well worth it.
I ended up purchasing Bleak House. What a fine production!
Darwin's Nightmare certainly sounds nightmarish.
Right now I am watching La Haine (The Hate) a French film which explores life in the Paris projects.
So far it is really good, no stereotyping, and an excellent soundtrack.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:37 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,696,442 times
Children of Men with Clive Owen. Interesting movie. I did a pay-per-view, but wish I would have rented the dvd instead. That way I could have used subtitles since a lot of it was really hard to understand. (Thick English accents!)

Old 10-07-2007, 10:35 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
We just rented "Stranger than Fiction" with Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman. It was really good. We were surprised. I don't think too many good movies have come out this year, but we were desperate and wanted to view something, so we picked it up. Ends up that it was actually good. I hadn't even heard about it, but it was very enjoyable and sweet.
I just finished Stranger Than Fiction also. It is a surprisingly good movie. I call it a movie for writers.

Just saw Shooter. A good guy flick. Lotsa stars in it.

HollywoodLand. A movie taking place in the 40's. I liked it because it showed what LA/Hollywood was like in the old days.

Been a movie buff lately since I just bought a DVD player. I know, and I still don't own a cell phone either!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,215 times
Green Street Hooligans - with Elijah Wood. It was.. alright. Actually I thought it would be worse. I found it a bit predictable, but overall wasnt too bad.

Next on my netflix queue is The Illusionist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies