Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times

Advertisements

We just rented and watched Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, directed by John Krasinski and based on the short story of the same name by David Foster Wallace. Not exactly cheery, but worth seeing.
Tonight we watched The Hurt Locker. Very intense and, again, well worth watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey86 View Post
i was SO disappointed by that movie! i was stoked to see it cuz my favorite actor, jeffrey dean morgan, was in it, and they killed him off in the firs 5 minutes. aside from that, i just thought it was kinda long...my eyes glazed over, i got bored....

i bought (i buy yhr 5 for $20 at blockbuster...makes more sense than to just rent the movies for almost the same price) "powder blue" and "push" recently and give both 5/5 stars....i bought a few more but they were flops. dont remember what they were called, but nothing worth mentioning im sure. hah
I tried to sit through "Watchmen" twice and got really bored..trailed off to do some homework both times.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:26 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
We just rented and watched Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, directed by John Krasinski and based on the short story of the same name by David Foster Wallace. Not exactly cheery, but worth seeing.
Tonight we watched The Hurt Locker. Very intense and, again, well worth watching.
I really enjoyed The Hurt Locker, just watched that the other day.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:40 PM

65 posts, read 200,608 times
Just watched
"My Sisters Keeper" with Cameron Diaz - Pretty intenst drama.
And
"Extract" - from the director of Office Space, has a ton of well known actors and even Gene Simmonds. Very funny, good for a laugh.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:25 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,091 times
I just rented "Public Enemies" with Johnny Depp. Even though it was a little slow in parts, I thought it was a pretty good film.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:46 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,077 times
the last boy scout 3/5 - i have never seen the whole movie. some good parts, but mostly meh throughout

the man with one red shoe 3/5 - pretty funny movie, no matter how stupid it was

terminator salvation 3/5 - good action, but the story line was pretty corny. im guessing Arny was cgi in the end?

drag me to hell 3/5 - definately had some scary parts, but the story got stupid as it went on. the ending was great tho

besides for netflix throttling my connection, im really liking the instant watch feature. good for movies where the fx are not important to me

Old 01-22-2010, 06:52 PM

677 posts, read 1,620,512 times
Nine - It begins with a doll waking up in a post-human world. He meets another doll and learns that there are nine of them total and that the world has been basically destroyed and taken over by machines. The dolls and the machines are all that remain on the planet. Action ensues.

Loved the animation. It was action packed, which was OK, but I would have like to have seen more focus around the characters and their creator.

Stranger Than Fiction - Harold Crick wakes up and discovers that his life is being narrated by an author. After hearing that he is facing imminent death, Harold begins a search to find this author and save himself.

Awesome movie. One of my favorites. Great characters, perfect doses of humor, romance and mystery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies