Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:49 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,692 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen this movie, yet, but I heard it is GOOD. Then again, I heard that from Fanboys.

Most movie reviews I saw, gave the movie a mediocre to even bad reviews. With the cost of movies these days, I think I'll wait untill it comes out on HBO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM

22 posts, read 70,903 times
Default My Personal Review

After seeing it a 3rd time, I can make a sound judgement.

My Issues: While I agree with most of you as its pretty low-brow, it entertains the overall crowd. The film felt looooooooooong. The military buildup for the final act was overdone ridiculously. Snap off 30 min and would have been paced correctly. The Fallen was a pretty "weak" villain, especially if he is to act his "Revenge". The film's executive staff stated 40 transformers at once, however, they were honestly rehashes of other characters. Granted, us die-hards know that Hasbro makes repaints of the figures to hell, but that wasn't even done here properly in the final scene. Another is that if your name wasn't Optimus Prime, you were barely seen. Kinda like Beyonce to Destiny's Child. The tone of the film, at times, especially in the beginning, it was very low-brow humor and then switched to grandus epicus. Last thing, Megan Fox was worthless. She hurt the movie more than anything else.

My Praise:

The action sequences were mind-blowing. Kudos to Bay for finally learning how to integrate the shaky cam into those scenes. I didn't have a tough of a time trying to figure out who was fighting who. The CG was impressive and amazed with what was pulled off for 200 million. The traditional relationships to the characters were more towards the original series counterparts, especially Starscream and Megatron. The vocals for the Cons were a lot better. Megatron didn't sound completely muffled and you can recognize the Agent Smith within him. The lines the bots did deliver were true to character

My Favorite Lines from Non-Primes

Ironhide - Punk A**Decepticon
Sideswipe - D**mn, I'm Good

The movie pushed the PG-13 rating to the brink, especially in the language and violence area. Some of the carnage was brutal (See forest fight http://forums.shoryuken.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif (broken link)), however visually impressive. Surprising to most, I actually liked the twins and Jetfire. I thought this movie was better written in a character relationship standpoint (story was pretty basic IMO). Shia's thing that he does is likeable, and didn't seem as forced. The Forest Fight, the proclaimed greatest scene, is almost worth the price of admission. You almst look at it and wonder where was this Optimus Prime 2 years ago.

The movie excels at being a popcorn flick, as action speaks louder than words. Comparisons to other robot drama isn't fair, as the marketing base is completely different. I feel that Bay and Co. did listen to see what the hate was from the first movie was and appealed to that aspect. They did create new problems, especially on the cutting room floor. It was a fun ride and had a little bit for everyone, well maybe not the little ones http://forums.shoryuken.com/images/smilies/winkgrin.gif (broken link). I'd give Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 4 out of 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies