Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,522 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I disagree. I liked his older stuff though, not th new stuff.

Banannas
Sleeper
Take the Money and Run
Everything you wanted to know about sex...

But then it started to lose punch. They had less zazz to them. It is hard to complain about things when you start getting more (money, acclaim, etc). I see that with most comedic writers. they lose touch.

And I think that was the same with Woody, although he does have some funny stuff now and again.

I do NOT like seeing him in a flik anymore though, there is just something about him, he tries to take over the scene even as a bit role. He has not learned teh Art of the Cameo yet... (he has a few more years before his "contract" is up... maybe he will get it right! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 12:37 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Though many posters will probably disagree; I really do not care for any movie with Woody Allen either in the flick, producing it etc.
I saw his latest one this summer, it was extremely disappointing. Larry David was as funny as could be considering what he had to work with, and the other actors mostly were good, also. It was the ridiculous storyline, entirely unrealistic yet at the same time entirely predictable, and chock full of Woody Allen-style dialogue, that being angst blended with pretentious wit... Really, I have to say it was one of the worst, especially considering that he's so highly regarded as a filmmaker.

I can't even remember the name of the movie, something like "Whatever Works" I think... Yeah, that could even be it. If it's not, then that's at least what Woody Allen was thinking when he made this movie - he thought, "Well, I can use some cash, let me throw together a movie with everything that is cliched and predictably 'woody allen' and market it as my next great masterpiece and make some cash; I'll just throw it all together and put it out there - hey, whatever works!" lol

Old 10-14-2009, 05:11 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
It was made for kids
But still it was bad
I gotcha...I still like the Wizard Of Oz a great, timeless classic.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingFlame View Post
The Happening - although this is so stupid it's funny to make other people watch it to see their reactions

The Notebook - ugh, cliched Hollywood love story crap

Cabin Fever - pancakes!

Cannibal Holocaust - just don't

Caligula - thumbs down infinity

Love Me If You Dare - French movie with horrible characters that I wanted to strangle through the screen.

Halloween (the new one by Rob Zombie) - totally white trash but not in a funny Jerry Springer way.

Eraserhead - why do people think this movie is deep and meaningful? Just watch the director interview and you'll see why that's a complete joke.
The first Halloween movie was excellent...the rest were "trash".

Old 10-16-2009, 03:05 AM

I forgot to add:" KISS Meets The Phantom" to the list.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:04 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
I have a secret to tell you.

Yes?

I'm not left handed.
I have a secret to tell u too

Yes?

Im not left handed either.

best movie six fingered man and rodents of unusual size cant beat that movie lol

Last edited by steve1282; 10-16-2009 at 04:18 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 04:08 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Six Degrees of Separation
The Piano (Holly Hunter)
Deliverance
Most of the Sandra Bullock movies
Anything with Jon Claude Van Damm

Geez, this list is getting long! More duds later
Van damm is the best double impact and ill quote

"Why dont you take ur fancy silk underwear and go some where like disney land."lol If u take a shot of beer everytime he says something stupid ull pass out in 15 min great drinkin games to his movies

Last edited by steve1282; 10-16-2009 at 04:18 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
I have a secret to tell u too

Yes?

Im not left handed either.

best movie six fingered man and rodents of unusual size cant beat that movie lol
If we only had a wheelbarrow.....

Old 10-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
Van damm is the best double impact and ill quote

"Why dont you take ur fancy silk underwear and go some where like disney land."lol If u take a shot of beer everytime he says something stupid ull pass out in 15 min great drinkin games to his movies
I rember reading somewhere where he used to only weigh like...130 lbs.; I do not know if that is true though. His movies are bad but Bloodsport was tolerable if not incredibly violent.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:55 AM

He is the WORST actor and should only be used as an action character (no dialogue). the problem is, they use him as the star. That just does NOT work.

And he is a shortie. I can see where he could be 130. (I was 6'0" and 140 lbs leaving HS!!!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies