Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times

Advertisements

It's about 95% in the Horror genre, which is sad because I am a gore hound. They are literally re-making everything! I love Rob Zombie's music as well as House of 1000 Corpses and DR, but the way he ruined all the characters in Halloween was the worst yet. Texas Chainsaw 2004, Dawn of the Dead 2004 were 2 of the better re-makes, but still not as good as the originals.

Toolbox Murders was re-made by Tobe Hooper and it had zero resemblence to the original.
April Fools Day...barf! My Bloody Valentine...barf! Friday the 13th...wait, when did Friday the 13th start in with the crappy hip-hop music? When did Jason keep hostages in the cellar?! Come on! Jason butchered anyone in his path! House of Wax went urban a few years back as well, Mr. Price is rolling in his grave!!!

Haouse on Haunted Hill and 13 Ghosts were not too bad actually so I'll spare them my wrath

Last House on the Left wasn't too bad but the girl who played Sadie did a horrible job!
Now the new Nightmare on Elm Street is due out soon along with Night of the Demons! Two more classics to destroy!

I know I know, re-makes bring in the cash. That's what it's all about, the cash. Fine. That's what makes the world go round, I'm fine with that. Just sucks that Hollywood is promoting the destruction of original works of art to make a quick buck. It's a smack in the face to the real fans because it seems that most the people who love these re-makes do not even know it's a re-make, or would they have enough class to get the original first and watch it.

As a society we have progressed to the point where movies have to move faster, the film quality has to be perfect, and the actors have to be models. We are no longer entertained by the older, slower moving films it seems. I understand all of that.

I'm so sick of re-makes and everything about them.
*breath big boy, it's not the end of the world, breeeeeathe*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 02:34 PM

154 posts, read 396,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Now the new Nightmare on Elm Street is due out soon along with Night of the Demons! Two more classics to destroy!
Jackie Haley is going to be this movies only high point.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM

124 posts, read 270,905 times
I've got a question about Halloween. So after making 500 sequels to the first one, are they now going to make 500 more with the remake?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
What the OP is forgetting is that there is always a NEW generation of people out there.

Just like the style of clothes...some from the 20's are re-introduced as being the NEW fashion.

Ford Motors had a slogan of "Ford has a better idea" which was the introdction of some things re-issued? with a slight modification. Many of the current car buyers were never born way back then.

So give it a chance...what some people don't know won't hurt them a bit.

Just think...the four track may come back.

Steve

Old 10-14-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnuro View Post
I've got a question about Halloween. So after making 500 sequels to the first one, are they now going to make 500 more with the remake?
Probably. Zombie was an idiot for making a pt.2.

The original had 7 sequels but they at least they were done right, unlike Zombies destruction pieces.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
What the OP is forgetting is that there is always a NEW generation of people out there.

Just like the style of clothes...some from the 20's are re-introduced as being the NEW fashion.

Ford Motors had a slogan of "Ford has a better idea" which was the introdction of some things re-issued? with a slight modification. Many of the current car buyers were never born way back then.

Steve
What the OP is saying is that NEW horror movies are totally fine, totally accepted, but when a re-make comes out and destroys the original story it's not a good thing. For example: If Rob Zombie would have switched the story up and titled it something else it would have been a great film! I'm not saying these new film makers are making "bad" films, I'm saying that to remake an original as classic as Halloween or Friday the 13th is just plain stupid.
I like change. I'm all about the new trends in film, I support it all and buy many of the new movies, I just think remakes are a cop out. A cheap way for Hollywood to capitalize on past success.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

Steve
What the OP is saying is that NEW horror movies are totally fine, totally accepted, but when a re-make comes out and destroys the original story it's not a good thing. For example: If Rob Zombie would have switched the story up and titled it something else it would have been a great film! I'm not saying these new film makers are making "bad" films, I'm saying that to remake an original as classic as Halloween or Friday the 13th is just plain stupid.
I like change. I'm all about the new trends in film, I support it all and buy many of the new movies, I just think remakes are a cop out. A cheap way for Hollywood to capitalize on past success.

And if the 8-track comes back I will boycott it!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:21 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,892 times
What? I love this:

YouTube - A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 Official Trailer

It doesn't even try a new story line just goes straight with the old one. LOL. I love that!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
What? I love this:

YouTube - A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 Official Trailer

It doesn't even try a new story line just goes straight with the old one. LOL. I love that!
It looks like Michael Bay did it...again. Seems alright, but did you see Freddy's face? No resemblence to Robert England, not scary one bit. Looks like your right, they just created a mirror of the original. But as with all the remakes, nothing can touch the original. I do estimate it to make big $$$ though.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:38 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
No talent writers re make movies because they cant write one of their own.
its not even the re makes that make annoy me, its the plots used over and over for "new" movies

You know...couple of hot girls and some horny guys, their car breaks down or they go hiking and get lost only to come to a farm or a house in the middle of nowhere with some retarded grandchildren and creepy old parents who like torture...sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies