Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,278 times

Advertisements

I don't know with everybody else, but I love Fools Rush In. It's my all-time favorite and nothing has topped it, yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,264,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post

-Snatch rotten tomatoes: 72%
-This is England rotten tomatoes: 93%
-Children of Men rotten tomatoes: 92%
-Summer of Sam
-Darwin Awards
-Dr Strangelove rotten tomatoes: 100%
i think you've missed the point of the thread. your post, for the most part is like saying, "ya know what movie i really think is under-rated? Citizen Kane."

come on. most of the movies on your list are very well reviewed.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_tonz View Post
I don't know with everybody else, but I love Fools Rush In. It's my all-time favorite and nothing has topped it, yet.
your all-time favorite movie is a bad romantic comedy? i bet youre a Drew Barrymore fan.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:08 PM

16 posts, read 32,041 times
uhm... oh! godd**n Speed Racer! loved that f**kin' movie to f**king death! why the s**t did everyone hate that move, it was amazing and to this day f**king it is one of my favorite movies like yeah.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:11 PM

16 posts, read 32,041 times
I love the movies:
The Sixth Sense
Slumdog Millionaire
Blood Diamond
Revolutionary Road
Whale Rider
Babel
Atonement
Being John Malkovich
Little Miss Sunshine
and anything by Hayao Miyazaki... just to name a f**king few...

Old 10-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteredtoast16 View Post
I love the movies:
The Sixth Sense
Slumdog Millionaire
Blood Diamond
Revolutionary Road
Whale Rider
Babel
Atonement
Being John Malkovich
Little Miss Sunshine
and anything by Hayao Miyazaki... just to name a f**king few...

Christ!

read the title of the thread.

the movies you listed here have absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:51 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
i think you've missed the point of the thread. your post, for the most part is like saying, "ya know what movie i really think is under-rated? Citizen Kane."

come on. most of the movies on your list are very well reviewed.
Well, I don't follow reviews so I don't know what's popular via the general masses.

As far as the movies I've listed, I haven't personally met a single person other than myself who liked them. That's how it sounds...going by the title of the thread...

Old 10-29-2009, 03:06 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
well I loved the movie "Doubt " and everyone else I talked to hated it . I loved it and I thought it was one of those movies that make you go hmmm....

Old 10-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Well, I don't follow reviews so I don't know what's popular via the general masses.

As far as the movies I've listed, I haven't personally met a single person other than myself who liked them. That's how it sounds...going by the title of the thread...
okay, well, just so you know, the movies you brought up are, for the most part, pretty popular and generally very well reviewed by critics.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:03 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Legend - by Ridley Scott with Tom Cruise playing the lead. I love the movie! I saw it in the theatre twice when it came out and recommended it to everyone at work. They all hated it, thought it was stupid.

My wife (who thinks I'm weird because I like the movie so much) gave me the DVD with two versions of Legend. There is the US version with a score by Tangerine Dream, and the directors cut with 20 minutes restored to the movie and the original score by Jerry Goldsmith. The US version with the Tangerine Dream score IMO is just magic. I find the directors cut boring and slow. I also have the Tangerine Dream score on CD, but without the movie it doesn't work. Put the two together though, and wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies