Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:18 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,610,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
No need to get all mad. I was only stating what movies I seen and don't like at all. You can still watch it. What some find boring and lame, others might find interesting...
There has been much discussion on this forum about people posting ends of movies,many times newer ones. The MODS were nice enough to put the
hide/spoiler for us to use.
Though usually unintentional, It is very thoughtless to ruin movies for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,104 times
Eyes Wide Shut - what a self indulgent piece of crap

Momma Mia - I'm still mad at my daughter in law for insisting I rent it.

Wild Hogs - hubby watched it and I heard him laughing. It came on again the following week and he assured me it was hysterical. It wasn't. Why John Travolta involves himself in crap like this is beyond me. It's hard to believe the same man who made movies like Pulp Fiction, Urban Cowboy, Michael...would lower himself to these standards.

Every Which Way but Loose - I walked out on it. Took me years before I'd see a Clint Eastwood film again.

Moulin Rouge - excruciating

Old 12-01-2009, 09:25 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,549,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
Wild Hogs - hubby watched it and I heard him laughing. It came on again the following week and he assured me it was hysterical. It wasn't. Why John Travolta involves himself in crap like this is beyond me. It's hard to believe the same man who made movies like Pulp Fiction, Urban Cowboy, Michael...would lower himself to these standards.
Yeah, but remember he also did Battlefield Earth and was in Look Who's Talking Now. Maybe neither is as bad as they're claimed to be, and that BE could be seen as a religious choice, but they're not exactly masterpieces. He's long been a bit uneven in the roles he picks.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:22 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,807,624 times
"Dungeons and Dragons" is my vote for worst movie ever.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,609,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
No need to get all mad. I was only stating what movies I seen and don't like at all. You can still watch it. What some find boring and lame, others might find interesting...
It has nothing to do with finding it boring, lame or interesting. You gave away a pivotal plot point to a movie still in theaters. No one cares if you say "Rosebud was his sled" or "it was a dude the whole time" but don't talk about new movies the same way.

Have you heard of the term SPOILER ALERT? If not, please learn it.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:08 PM

19 posts, read 39,456 times
hahaha, Battlefield Earth was a pretty bad one too...

Old 12-02-2009, 03:29 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,221,870 times
Dances With Wolves.As a history buff,rate this widely aclaimed multiple Oscar winning film as the worst historical film ever.So many historical errors and inaccuracies that will not view it even today,nearly 20 years after its initial release.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Dances With Wolves.As a history buff,rate this widely aclaimed multiple Oscar winning film as the worst historical film ever.So many historical errors and inaccuracies that will not view it even today,nearly 20 years after its initial release.
If you are a history buff and appreciate accuracy, please dont rent "One Million Years BC". It was horrid.
The Flintstones were even more accurate then this.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:34 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
If you are a history buff and appreciate accuracy, please dont rent "One Million Years BC". It was horrid.
The Flintstones were even more accurate then this.
Another awful, un-historical one..."Marie Antoinette".

Beautiful set design and costumes, but ripe with historical innaccuracies. And the modern-day music was out of place as well. Too bad because a lot couldv'e been done with this one. Sophia Coppola...even though she's the daughter of a famed director it doesn't make her a good one.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Another awful, un-historical one..."Marie Antoinette".

Beautiful set design and costumes, but ripe with historical innaccuracies. And the modern-day music was out of place as well. Too bad because a lot couldv'e been done with this one. Sophia Coppola...even though she's the daughter of a famed director it doesn't make her a good one.
I agree, beautiful movie to look at,costumes,set,locations, all amazing. Its too bad because there could have been a fabulous movie in that story, it just wasnt this one. If you saw Sophia in Godfather 3, you see she doesnt have an acting gene either.

Last edited by nanannie; 12-03-2009 at 06:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies