Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 10:07 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,212,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I saw Pee Wee's Big Adventure in a cinema pub...it was much funnier after the 2nd pitcher of beer. lol

I just watched Rachel Getting Married....that's two hours of my life I'll always regret wasting.
I just watched Rachel getting married yesterday, for some reason I forced myself to watch the whole thing despite the tedium, it felt like a homework assignment. I can't believe people praised that movie, it was pretentious garbage and BORING beyond belief!

Showgirls was cringe inducing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 10:22 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,683,265 times
Snow Buddies
Santa Buddies ,etc.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:45 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,131,666 times
I agree with Buckaroo, but man you really hate Michael Moore, don't ya? (I agree, the acting was TERRIBLE.... )

Old 02-22-2013, 07:04 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,910,405 times
I would have to say INTERNAL AFFAIRS! (1990)

No good chase scenes,no good music,etc...... JUST AWEFUL!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,401,312 times
Austen Powers Goldmember

Little Man

Lord of the Rings

Old 02-23-2013, 07:24 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,165,435 times
I will confine it to at leas relatively big-budget movies. These are some of the worst of the worst I have personally watched:

- Mommie Dearest
- The Exorcist II
- The Swarm
- Jaws IV
- Freddie Got Fingered
- Nothing But Trouble
- Any Adam Sandler movie
- Any Pauly Shore movie
- Raising Cain - This just might be the worst movie I have ever seen that wasn't a low-budget crapper. Even worse than Freddie Got Fingered, which is saying a lot.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:41 PM

324 posts, read 389,254 times
Little Shop of Horrors - giant flower eats customers in a flower shop (so bad it's good).

Old 11-08-2017, 01:54 AM

14,729 posts, read 14,715,394 times
You haven't lived until you've seen "Glen or Glenda" on a big screen, with all the audience members looking at each other when the lights come on, half laughing half amazed they actually sat through the whole thing.
For modern movies, probably the worst I remember paying to see was "Color of Night" with Bruce Willis and Jane Marsh. Marsh's body could only help you ignore the terrible script and plot for about 15 minutes.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:05 PM

37,813 posts, read 41,110,452 times
I can only talk about bad movies I have seen all the way through. I'd like to think there are worse movies but I was just fortunate not to see them:

1. Paycheck - I think they made it up (the plot and dialogue) as they went along. Really, it's the worst movie I ever saw and I only saw it because the movie we wanted to see was sold out.

2. Spanglish - If I wanted to hear neurotics of all ages whine loudly through an entire movie I'd watch a Woody Allen movie. And the maid was no Saint.

3. Mission Impossible 2 - I hate dance fighting in non-musicals. For this one you could have gone to the restroom when it started, stopped off at the concession stand on the way back, checked your voicemails in the lobby and when you got back to your seat they would still be dance fighting. UGH! I liked all of the other Mission Impossibles.

4. Swing Vote - You know it's bad when you keep trying to look at your watch in the dark. I hate mouthy obnoxious kid characters that they are trying to sell you on as being cute.

5. The Contender - Wanted to take a shower after it was over. Most politically biased movie I ever was unfortunate enough to see.

6. Shakespeare In Love - And I was stupid enough to see it after it won the Oscar. Shoot me now.

7. The Men Who Stare at Goats - Big names. Big crappola. The book it's based on was actually a decent read.

8. Godzilla (the one with Matthew Broderick). Worst cast movie ever. But, you know what? This movie had the absolutely best most memorable TV ads...maybe because the actors weren't in them.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:57 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,915,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I can only talk about bad movies I have seen all the way through. I'd like to think there are worse movies but I was just fortunate not to see them:

1. Paycheck - I think they made it up (the plot and dialogue) as they went along. Really, it's the worst movie I ever saw and I only saw it because the movie we wanted to see was sold out.

2. Spanglish - If I wanted to hear neurotics of all ages whine loudly through an entire movie I'd watch a Woody Allen movie. And the maid was no Saint.

3. Mission Impossible 2 - I hate dance fighting in non-musicals. For this one you could have gone to the restroom when it started, stopped off at the concession stand on the way back, checked your voicemails in the lobby and when you got back to your seat they would still be dance fighting. UGH! I liked all of the other Mission Impossibles.

4. Swing Vote - You know it's bad when you keep trying to look at your watch in the dark. I hate mouthy obnoxious kid characters that they are trying to sell you on as being cute.

5. The Contender - Wanted to take a shower after it was over. Most politically biased movie I ever was unfortunate enough to see.

6. Shakespeare In Love - And I was stupid enough to see it after it won the Oscar. Shoot me now.

7. The Men Who Stare at Goats - Big names. Big crappola. The book it's based on was actually a decent read.

8. Godzilla (the one with Matthew Broderick). Worst cast movie ever. But, you know what? This movie had the absolutely best most memorable TV ads...maybe because the actors weren't in them.
I liked Spanglish and I’m not a Sandler fan by any means. The rest of those movies I don’t like.

Worst movie: Star Wars Christmas Special. Unbelievably awful and considering the other movies it’s related to make its failure even more spectacular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies