Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 05:33 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times

Advertisements

One that remains in my memory for sheer boring awfulness is 'John and Mary' starring Dustin Hoffman and Mia Farrow. Dustin had made 'The Graduate' and 'Midnight Cowboy' and was a new, major movie star. He decided to try a romantic leading role. It was just awful.......

I have just discovered the whole masterpiece is available on you-tube. Don't waste your precious time......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgDjQFJiM6I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 08:16 PM

545 posts, read 411,795 times
Maybe not the worst, but definitely the most disappointing...

Batman & Robin
Die Another Day
Godzilla (1998 version)
The Phantom Menace

Old 11-10-2017, 07:20 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
2. Spanglish - If I wanted to hear neurotics of all ages whine loudly through an entire movie...
It started out so well....a third of the way through, it became awful.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:55 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
A couple of years ago I watched most of "Rock & Rolla" for some reason, really bad & boring. Last week I tried to watch "John Wick: Chapter 2" & had to turn it off after 20 minutes - it was so boring & empty, obviously aimed for those raised on video games & not interested much in plot or character. It was just one absurd fight scene after another in some weird world.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:14 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
I have seen literally thousands of horror and other cult films, so staying away from the low budget crap and picking specifically major studio failures, off the top of my head...

The Lady in the Water
Eyes Wide Shut
Star Wars Episodes 1,2, and 3
Matrix II (never watched 3)
Spanglish
Powder
Prometheus
Amityville remake
Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake
Planet of the Apes (with Marky-Mark)
Superman 3
Blind Date (1987)
Roadhouse
Timothy Dalton James Bond (cant remember the name)
The Ostermund Weekend (love Pekinpah, but I honestly did not understand it-too much cocain)
Alien 3 and 4
Titanic (glorification of female adultery and narcisissm)
Pompey
The Hulk
Gremlins II (for pure hillarity, see Keye and Peele Skit on it)
Minority Report
Top Gun
Coppola's Dracula
Valentine (had to take a little walk in the middle of the movie)
Anabelle
Batman (Tim Burton)
Batman II (I believe that time actually stopped while I was watching)
Batman and Robin
Mother, Jugs and Speed
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Hellrasier III
Natural Born Killers
Charlie's Angels
Jaws 3-D
Twilight
Pandora
Remake of All the King's Men with Sean Penn
Much Ado About Nothing with Keanu Reeves (his name will forever be synonymous with Shakespeare)
Happy feet (the horrors of Penguins singing about sex)

I could probably think of hundreds of others.

Last edited by cachibatches; 11-14-2017 at 03:26 AM..

Old 11-14-2017, 02:48 PM

56 posts, read 34,600 times
orient express fell asleep in the first 10 minutes. slept like a baby through the whole movie.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:04 AM

287 posts, read 237,286 times
I guess I was the only one who saw "Dude, where's my car?" That was Ex. Cruc. iating!

Old 11-18-2017, 02:12 PM

56 posts, read 34,600 times
blade runner 2049
orient express

Old 11-18-2017, 03:35 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,251 times
Star Wars Episode VII (just a carbon copy of the original with a feminist agenda that left out Luke, R2, and 3PO for most of it and had Han and Leia divorced with a bratty teenage Sith-wannabee as a son. I mean Kylo makes Anakin in the PT look good.)
Sandlot 2 (same problem as Star Wars Episode VII, except perhaps a bit worse)
Scary Movie 3 (just seemed dumb to me)
Frozen (highly overrated)
Monster House
Angels in the Infield (also a sort of carbon copy, and an inferior one too, of the original, though does have the saving grace of having the Devil and demons in it, which was a nice twist from the original (which technically itself wasn't an original as there was one from the 1950's too.))
All Dogs Go to Heaven (probably one of the only Don Bluth movies I don't like. Main character is hardly better than the villain and he doesn't even reform, even in the sequel, but is still as bad as ever. Bad example for kids.)
The Da Vinci Code (it's not just the Mary Magdalen thing, it's that the whole premise of the story is to glorify feminism and vilify Christianity.)

Old 11-20-2017, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 13,531 times
TITANIC (1997)
---------------------
There, I said it. It took me 20 years but I said it.

------------------------------------
TWILIGHT (2011) and its sequels
------------------------------------
Yeah, I went there.

--------------------------------------
SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE (1998)
-------------------------------------
Saw it in the movie theater, and to this day I have absolutely no idea what kind of pills everyone was taking given its acclaim by audiences, critics, and the academy.

----------------------------------------
SENSE AND SENSIBILITY (1995)
----------------------------------------
Wow, thinking about it, the 1990s was a horrible decade for movies, wasn't it? Not that it's gotten much better since. My dad and I walked out of the theater midway through after struggling to stay awake through the first half after a friend had highly recommended this snoozefest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies