Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:20 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,216 times

Advertisements

Sophie's Choice - heartbreaking
Watership Down (although I was only about 7 at the time!!!!!!)
Schindlers List
Breakfast At Tiffanys - when she dumped Cat in the pouring rain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 04:27 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,925,526 times
"Prancer".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubbc5NTRedI

"It's a wonderful life".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k_Vsmqf6X8

and "Fluke".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1BblYP1ibg

Old 01-12-2010, 04:58 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,470,730 times
Sophie's Choice - when she is forced to choose which of her children will live and which will ultimately be killed.

Dances with Wolves - two scenes: 1)when they shot the wolf who befriended the character Costner played and 2) when Dunbar was leaving the tribe and his former adversary Wind in His Hair was yelling his friendship for Dunbar.

Rhapsody in August - one of the most touching films (IMHO, yes I know "horrible reviews") that Kurosawa ever made. The scene always get to me where the grandmother is running into the rain, to search for her husband who was in Nagasaki when it was bombed. This is years after the bombing...she hears thunder and believes it is the bombing, so she goes to search for her husband.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,835 times
BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY - When Meryl Streep sees Clint Eastwood in his pickup and she is in hers with her husband. How she struggles not to open the door and run away with Clint Eastwood and knows she will never see him again.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8G8cqu27U

Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,864,534 times
When I was a kid the three movies that brought me to tears were all Disney movies. BAMBI when his Father was killed; DUMBO when he was separated from his Mother; and OLD YELLER.
As an adult I think the Heman Wouk mini series of WINDS OF WAR and WAR AND REMEMBRANCE had some of the most memorable and sad scenes of just about any movies I can remember. In the very last segment of W.And R. where Natalie Jastrow finally realizes that she has been betrayed by the Nazi that she thought was her friend and she realizes what is going to happen to her and her son is beyond comprehension. The thing that really hit me in that scene is that for millions of families in WW2 it was reality.

GL2

Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY - When Meryl Streep sees Clint Eastwood in his pickup and she is in hers with her husband. How she struggles not to open the door and run away with Clint Eastwood and knows she will never see him again.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8G8cqu27U
That.....that scene is by far the worst scene in a movie, other than Bambi (no joke) that I have seen. You have no idea...when I first saw that movie & that part came up....I literally cried so hard I couldn't breathe. I'm glad you mentioned that movie & that scene in particular.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,275 times
I just finished watching Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father.
Wow. I've never been affected like this by a film.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
LOL, I was thinking, good decision. If you go with him it won't last anyway. Fall into love fast fall out of love fast. Maybe I analyse things too much but fidelity is more admirable then a fling. She loved her husband so why leave him for an affair. Then telling her kids when she died what had happened was not smart. I would not want to learn if it happened to my mother, just saying. As you can tell it is not a favorite movie of mine.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 PM

559 posts, read 651,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
There have been far too many for me to even remember. Pretty much any movie with a tragedy.
This.

Especially when it's based on a true story...

Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,425 times
The Iron Giant gets to me every time I watch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies