Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 05:32 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,493 times

Advertisements

Not my "favorite" of all time, but I just saw "The Hurt Locker" today and this is now on my top ten list. BTW, the movie is about an EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) team.

Colonel Reed: "What's the best way to go about disarming one of these things?"

Staff Sgt James: "The way you don't die, sir!"

Great movie, although my wife said it was too much like a documentary for her.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 AM

3 posts, read 3,835 times
from "The Shining"
Perhaps they need a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps a bit more. My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them actually stole a pack of matches, and tried to burn it down. But I corrected them sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I corrected her.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:05 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,472,875 times
One of my favorites was from Return of the King:

PIPPIN: I didn’t think it would end this way.
GANDALF:End? No, the journey doesn’t end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silvered glass. And then you see it.
PIPPIN:What? Gandalf? See what?
GANDALF:White shores and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
PIPPIN: Well, that’s not so bad.
GANDALF: No. No it isn’t.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:18 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
PITTSTON:

Tin Man: Oil Can... Oil Can.. Oilll...Can..

Scarecrow: Oil can what?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsbdb View Post
from "The Shining"
Perhaps they need a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps a bit more. My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them actually stole a pack of matches, and tried to burn it down. But I corrected them sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I corrected her.
If that was the speech in that red and white bathroom, that was a BRILLIANT scene. Remember when the camera POV changed to show who was really in charge?

"Wendy? Darling? Light... of my...life? I'm not gonna hurt ya!"

Old 02-18-2010, 03:26 AM

9,762 posts, read 3,414,669 times
Forget about it is like if you agree with someone, you know, like Raquel Welch is one great piece of ass, forget about it.
But then, if you disagree, like A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac? Forget about it! you know?
But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like mingia those peppers, forget about it.
But it's also like saying Go to hell! too. Like, you know, like "Hey Paulie, you got a one inch pecker?" and Paulie says "Forget about it!"
Sometimes it just means forget about it.

Donnie Brasco

Old 02-18-2010, 08:31 PM

897 posts, read 1,591,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
"Go sell crazy somewhere else; we're all stocked up here." - Jack Nicholson (I think that's the spelling of his last name)
One of my favorite movie quotes is also from that movie. It's the scene where his publisher's secretary asks him how he writes women so well and he responds:

"I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability."

I clapped when he said that.

My all time favorite movie that I will always quote forever though is Tombstone. The ones I use the most are (all in a southern accent, of course): "You're a daisy if you do" "I'm your Huckleberry" and "You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all!"

There was a time when I could've quoted you the entire latin conversation between Doc Hollyday and Johnny Ringo and told you what it meant.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,798,388 times
we don' need no stinkin' badges

Old 02-19-2010, 08:51 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,168,548 times
Well, I'm a mushroom-cloud-laying mothaf---a, mothaf---a.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:01 PM

4,583 posts, read 4,271,914 times
I've always loved this line from Ever After.
Queen Marie: Choose your words wisely, madame, for they may be your last.

I sometimes use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies