Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times

Advertisements

I've got one - the movie itself was so forgettable, I'm not sure which one of the "Scary Movie" series this scene is from, but in it the teens are driving along a road and all sorts of stupid stuff starts happening causing chain reactions to each other and culminates in the guy whose head is sticking out of the sunroof getting hit in the head with a bee hive - I was giggling through the whole scene but when it got to the hive, I just lost it - I had to rewind it at least three more times it was that funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 01:30 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,876 times
Leslie Nelson's umpire scenes in "Naked Gun".
Keaton's Mr. Mom with the vaccum.
Just about any scene from Johnny Dangerously.
Oh Yeah! for Ace Ventura -- when he's in the Tutu!!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:34 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Love Leslie Nielsen in anything - the master.

In the movie U-turn, Billy Bob Thornton has the funniest scene he has ever done towards the end - involving Sean Penn's character and his car that BBT is fixing.

"It's not just a car. It's a sixty-four-and-a-half Mustang convertible."

I know this movie was not intended to be funny but some parts of it make me delirious - the cameo by Joaquin Phoenix is to die for too. This movie was underrated in my opinion.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:16 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Most of my examples are from rated R movies you'll notice:

Scarface: After Tony Montano has his buddy shoot his old boss, they look at Ernie: Tony's buddy says, "What about Ernie?" Tony looks at Ernie and says, "Hey Ernie, you want a job?" Ernie says, "Thank you, Tony!" as his hand shakes while he takes a swig off of his Jack Daniels! One of the best scenes ever.

LIFE: Martin Lawrence character's reference to "White Only Pie". Another time he's getting on Eddie Murphy's case about his language. He says, "Why do you gotta talk like that?" Eddie responds, "Because I'm a nasty MF!"

Used Cars: That mechanic dude likes to fall asleep in the most inopportune times. He fell asleep holding a torch in his hand and the dog-that Jack Russell Terrier has to wake him up; the dog goes number 1 on him and he comes stormin out after the dog ready to kill! You'd have to have seen it to appreciate it. In another scene, the car salesman gets those people in that station wagon for a "test drive". He puts a rock in front of the tire and tells the dad to floor it. Meanwhile, he has the dog crawl under the car. They all think they've killed the dog and stop. The salesman holds the lifeless dog in his arms. At one point the dog takes a peek and puts his head back down. Another one you'd have to see to appreciate.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:45 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,704 times
Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

Castle Anthrax and Sir Robin's Squire

The Knights Who Say, "Ni!"

The black knight

The French
"Do you think he meant the Camaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgue?"

The swallow debate

Serfs debating government

Bring out your dead!

How to judge a witch
and of course:

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles:

Pillows

Car rental issues
YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!

Airplane!:

"Stewardess, I speak jive."

Joey and Captain Over

"I am serious."

Honorable Mention:

The General
The Gold Rush
The Great Dictator
Bringing Up Baby
Mean Girls
There's Something About Mary
Stripes
High Anxiety

Old 06-07-2007, 09:01 PM

36 posts, read 132,158 times
Any Kevin Smith movie with the characters Jay and Silent Bob. Just love those.Especially the seen where Ben Affleck is explaining a website to Jason Mewes and Jason ask ...What the !!!! is the internet .

Old 06-07-2007, 09:18 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

Castle Anthrax and Sir Robin's Squire...
Jason you're so smart! I never thought to link to these funny scenes! Hey check out a couple of my favorite funny scenes...

YouTube - Puttin' on the Ritz - Young Frankenstein.

YouTube - Little Miss Sunshine Dance Scene

Pick just about any scene from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation:"

YouTube - Nor's Christmas Vacation's Funny Lines

Old 06-26-2007, 10:07 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
The Sandlot where Squints fakes the drowning in the pool. That is an absolute classic scene if there ever is one

I've been tempted to try it many times but never did.

Shanghai Noon where the horse drinks the bottle of whiskey.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 AM

1,343 posts, read 5,168,974 times
My Cousin Vinny when Joe Pesci is referring to his nephew & friend as the two "utes."
A Fish Called Wanda when Kevin Kline is threatening to swallow the fish and mocking "Kkkkkkken."
Crimes of the Heart when Sissy Spacek is trying to kill herself by sticking her head in the oven with the chandelier trailing from her neck and she answers the door and says "I'm just havin' a real bad day."
The scene in Arthur where he takes the hooker to dinner.
Hugh Grant practicing his mobster-talk in Mickey Blue Eyes.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,487 times
Any Peter Sellers movie but especially his Pink Panther ones. The scene where he plays a hotel room service cleaner is one of my favorites. Dudley Moore in 10 where he is trying climb up the hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies