U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 AM

13,394 posts, read 43,266,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
Few scenes ever strike me as funny enough to actually laugh out loud but the few that do usually have me folded over in laughter.

This scene from Eurotrip is one of the few I laugh at every single time.

The setup is these guys flew to Europe for the summer and one of them is searching for his internet girlfriend with whom he just had a fight and who lives in Germany. After many misadventures, they finally reach her home hoping to find her.

Sadly, this scene wasn't included in the theatrical release.
Jason
That scene was in the movie when I saw it.
I did see it the first or second week.
I always thought that Eurotrip, as ridiculous as it was, got kind of a bum rap from the critics.
Sure it was stupid, but it was hilarious. (Scotty doesn't know! The Italian on the train! The outtakes at the end!)
What happened? Was there some sort of protest when the movie was released and they ended up taking it out?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 11:46 AM

59 posts, read 219,930 times
I was also going to mention John Candy in Uncle Buck, I can name many scenes that literally had me rolling. Since he's been mentioned I'll change my reply.

When Madeline Kahn gets laid by Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein and she calls out in pleasure. The entire theater was cracking up, spilling drinks and popcorn.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:45 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,406,852 times
That Jim Carey movie Liar was pretty good.

There was one scene where an attractive woman is in the elevator with him and she comments on how well everyone is treating her. Jim Carey replies, "...That's because you have big breasts..." Then you see the door to the elevator close and you hear a very loud slap.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:19 PM

13,136 posts, read 39,049,054 times
Default Police Acadamy

So many to choose........but i always laughed at the scene on '' Police Acadamy '' when Mahoney and Jones are sitting in the police station and Mahoney asks Jones whats he in there for and he says watch this......and he grabs the microphone and starts making gunshot noises and all the cops in the station dive on the floor then a few seconds later one of the cops curses G.d damn it...like they're all embarressed...

Anyway that scene just gets me everytime...lol...

Old 07-09-2007, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 9,045 times
Funny movies are my favorite.But I can't list them all.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:01 PM

320 posts, read 924,261 times
ever after at the end when danielle (drew barrymore) speaks up for her step mother and the sight of how freaked out the step mother was, is such a classic moment!!! Then the step mother turns around and bows before cinderella cause she isqueen now....then henry, the prince, turns to the wicked step sister and says, "i believe you haven't met , MY WIFE" and he says it with a big grin on his face i loved that scene!!! it was the best ever!!!!

Old 10-12-2007, 04:56 PM

15,861 posts, read 25,223,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
That Jim Carey movie Liar was pretty good.

There was one scene where an attractive woman is in the elevator with him and she comments on how well everyone is treating her. Jim Carey replies, "...That's because you have big breasts..." Then you see the door to the elevator close and you hear a very loud slap.
That was classic

Old 10-12-2007, 05:48 PM

9,319 posts, read 17,907,816 times
I have to vote again for Mrs. Doubtfire. I think Robin Williams is a genius. Favorite scene, most of them, but I loved the one where his mask falls off and he sticks his face in the whipped creme. The boobs on fire is also classic.

Overall comedy, we enjoyed Meet the Parents and Meet the Faulkers. We aree ready for some new ones!!!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:53 PM

3,048 posts, read 11,130,392 times
I loved most of John Candy's movies. They were all hilarious from what I remember. Already mentioned were Uncle Buck and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. He was also hilarious in The Great Outdoors, and Wagons East.

One of my favorite all-time movie scenes, however, is of Steve Martin playing Ruprick in the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. My favorite scene was the one where he was sitting at the table and asked if he could go to the bathroom. After receiving permission, he made a grimacing face, then sighed in relief. He never left the table! That was a classic scene, but the whole movie was funny.

Another classic movie scene was when Walter Matthau's character found the dead fish under his truck seat in Grumpy Old Men. That was another hilarious movie!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:11 AM

13,136 posts, read 39,049,054 times
Another one of my favorate scenes is on is Fast Times at Rigemont High. This 3.00 minute scene is so funny where Spicoli comes to class with his shirt open and a bagel stuck halfway in his pants all stoned and Mr. Hand is fuming......

Fast Times At Ridgemont High -Mr. Hand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies