Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2010, 06:30 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
From the guy who thinks he is 'confident' making fun of himself for being fat, you have a lot of nerve insulting fat women.
Confidence is not just for men...

Do you really feel 'fat women' can't find great guys? (For the record, do NBA guys make great boyfriends or husbands?). Queen L is lovely. You'd be lucky to wind up with a 'fattie' like her but that's not likely.

I see when a guy is able to make FUN of himself around women he becomes more attractive

NBA PLAYERS don't date big women, that's my point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Maine
22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Reputation: 31254
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
NBA PLAYERS don't date big women, that's my point
NBA players' treatment of women isn't exactly a standard decent people go by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 01:12 PM
 
Location: So Ca
26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Reputation: 24800
She's a beautiful woman. It's refreshing to see someone of average size in a major role in a film. And it's a movie. (Using the OP's logic, we're going to assume that because of Iron Man2's success, we all want to become comic book heroes.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 01:17 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
She's a beautiful woman. It's refreshing to see someone of average size in a major role in a film. And it's a movie. (Using the OP's logic, we're going to assume that because of Iron Man2's success, we all want to become comic book heroes.)
Let me try this again, lots of younger overweight woman always admired Queen Latifah and felt that they didn't need to be ashamed of their weight because of her. So they will feel that the MESSAGE the movie is sending out because Queen Latifah is in it is


"AIM HIGH WHEN IT COMES TO MEN REGARDLESS OF YOUR WEIGHT"


so all the heavy plain looking women will start feeling good about themselves because of a make-believe movie and feel they can get a GOOD LOOKING MAN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Reputation: 20165
How awful that a "fat" woman could feel good enough about herself to think she might actually attract a man... We certainly would not want " heavy , plain women" to feel good now would we ?



Imagine how many really shallow and stupid men whose intellect is of the same size as a mycoplasmic cell might think they can actually reach for true heights and earn the respect and love of an intelligent woman .... I've seen those movies where complete loser deadbeat guys end up with the fantastic wonderful girl... How unrealistic !

Let us ban those unrealistic films before "fat" women start to get above their station. Heavy, plain Ladies do remember your place in this society ! Bottom of the ladder with all the slime pond. In fact let us simply ensure larger women are never seen in public or on screen in case it offends some of our more vapid and vaccuous fellow human beings. Burqa anyone ? Anyone ?

And no larger women should not be ashamed of their weight but people who judge people on their size should be. Beauty comes in different shapes and sizes. Thank goodness .

I would personally be more worried about women large or not thinking they can't do better than people who get paid to play what is basically a game. Sports is not a real job. As my Father would say it is an obscenely paid hobby ( and he was a sports fan) . I would certainly prefer my daughter to marry someone who had a real profession.

I think a woman can do a lot better than a man who has never grown up and still feel throwing a ball around is worthy of adulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
29,749 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Reputation: 77109
Did a lot of shlubs who look like Seth Rogen think that they could land women who look like Katherine Heigl because of "Knocked Up"? Same difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Pelion, South Carolina/orig. from Cape May, NJ
1,113 posts, read 3,495,875 times
Reputation: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Did a lot of shlubs who look like Seth Rogen think that they could land women who look like Katherine Heigl because of "Knocked Up"? Same difference.

On the same note, I guess millions of old men will be trying to hook up with young, busty blondes because Hugh Hefner is doing it.

WHO takes TV/movies THAT seriously??!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Texas
44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Reputation: 73937
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Let me try this again, lots of younger overweight woman always admired Queen Latifah and felt that they didn't need to be ashamed of their weight because of her. So they will feel that the MESSAGE the movie is sending out because Queen Latifah is in it is


"AIM HIGH WHEN IT COMES TO MEN REGARDLESS OF YOUR WEIGHT"


so all the heavy plain looking women will start feeling good about themselves because of a make-believe movie and feel they can get a GOOD LOOKING MAN
Yes, they will. And they should aim high to get a man. Lest they wind up with one like the op.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 03:46 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes, they will. And they should aim high to get a man. Lest they wind up with one like the op.
I never been into fat plain looking women so they wouldn't be able to get my number
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
 
6,764 posts, read 22,079,286 times
Reputation: 4773
You're a hypocrite and STILL (and you admit this openly lest you 'report me') have no luck with women.

You say you're a 'big guy' yet you aren't into plain or fat women. So you think YOU deserve a hot woman but 'fat women' like Queen Latifah should just 'come back down to earth and 'settle?'

Granted this is JUST A FILM but your message is fat women better wake up and realize they have to 'date down.'

Maybe you better come back to earth and get real before you are 40 or 50 and still crying about having no dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top