U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 58,099,177 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
You're a hypocrite and STILL (and you admit this openly lest you 'report me') have no luck with women.

You say you're a 'big guy' yet you aren't into plain or fat women. So you think YOU deserve a hot woman but 'fat women' like Queen Latifah should just 'come back down to earth and 'settle?'

Granted this is JUST A FILM but your message is fat women better wake up and realize they have to 'date down.'

Maybe you better come back to earth and get real before you are 40 or 50 and still crying about having no dates.

I think I deserve a cute woman who may be a little chubby


Not Ugly and Extremely overweight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 PM
 
Location: NYC
7,366 posts, read 14,482,424 times
Reputation: 10372
I'll never understand how fat guys think they can point the finger at fat women with any degree of credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 PM
 
6,764 posts, read 21,809,300 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I'll never understand how fat guys think they can point the finger at fat women with any degree of credibility.
It's the old double standard. Ugly and fat men still have higher self esteem because society doesn't judge them as harshly as women. We're still valued mainly for 'our looks.' Thank goodness getting older means you can be more comfortable being you and not someone's eye candy.

These NBA guys have status and $$$. Most average men (or below average when you factor in the lack of intelligence, compassion, interest in children, and so on) who are aging are not getting any movie stars, hot women or even probably 'average looking women.' If you are fat and have no personality and nothing of interest to bring to the table, you aren't going to get anyone long term, except possible another 'empty person.'

They get consistently used by hos and skanks and wonder WHY they are failures and not as cool as B-Ball Jackson or Dribbles "The Stick" Jones.

Well, you know, they say those that can do, the rest just watch sports on tv and 'daydream' it's them hitting those homers or dunking the ball. Or they talk about it non-stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Chicago
6,026 posts, read 15,119,479 times
Reputation: 8151
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
It's the old double standard. Ugly and fat men still have higher self esteem because society doesn't judge them as harshly as women. We're still valued mainly for 'our looks.' Thank goodness getting older means you can be more comfortable being you and not someone's eye candy.

These NBA guys have status and $$$. Most average men (or below average when you factor in the lack of intelligence, compassion, interest in children, and so on) who are aging are not getting any movie stars, hot women or even probably 'average looking women.' If you are fat and have no personality and nothing of interest to bring to the table, you aren't going to get anyone long term, except possible another 'empty person.'

They get consistently used by hos and skanks and wonder WHY they are failures and not as cool as B-Ball Jackson or Dribbles "The Stick" Jones.

Well, you know, they say those that can do, the rest just watch sports on tv and 'daydream' it's them hitting those homers or dunking the ball. Or they talk about it non-stop.


hey TVandSportsGuy, don't think that just because dozens of fat, ugly TV dads end up being married to hot wives mean you have a chance w/ a hot girl . hate to break it to you, but a beautiful women like Queen Latifah (and just b/c YOU don't like her doesn't many many, many people don't find her attractive) who is overweight has a better chance of attracting a black male than an average looking guy w/ a gut has a chance of attracting a women. well known that the many men in the black community like women that are bigger. no worries about someone like QL not getting any, even if she wasn't famous (or gay)

and, FWIW, even though she's not obese, Khloe Kardashian isn't exactly stick thin and she married an NBA player. not that any self respecting, non-golddigging female wants to date or marry a NBA player, not when most of them are cheaters ( no offense to the honest NBA players). seriously, not many women aspire to marry a NBA player, not unless those girls have got $$$$ in their eyes

OP sounds so bitter and confused, it's almost sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM
13,290 posts, read 14,992,221 times
Reputation: 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Let me try this again, lots of younger overweight woman always admired Queen Latifah and felt that they didn't need to be ashamed of their weight because of her. So they will feel that the MESSAGE the movie is sending out because Queen Latifah is in it is


"AIM HIGH WHEN IT COMES TO MEN REGARDLESS OF YOUR WEIGHT"


so all the heavy plain looking women will start feeling good about themselves because of a make-believe movie and feel they can get a GOOD LOOKING MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
As long as no one takes YOU seriously.
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Hermoso y tranquilo Panam√°
11,874 posts, read 10,905,961 times
Reputation: 47194
I'm just at a loss for words, which believe me doesn't happen very often - Queen Latifah is attractive and talented so what the heck does her weight have to do with anything? See that's, IMO, a big problem with some people - they judge people for all the wrong reasons and then wonder why they end up sad, lonely people.

Don't want to date someone who might be considered heavy or one who is considered underweight (like I am), well then don't. But judging someone simply because of their weight is not the path to happiness. Good luck in finding that perfect woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,395 posts, read 22,135,643 times
Reputation: 11128
To the OP......You mean Basketball stars.....real "gems" like Dennis Rodman(he was so cute in his wedding dress)......GIVE ME A BREAK...Queen Latifa may be a bit overweight but she is a beautiful woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Hermoso y tranquilo Panam√°
11,874 posts, read 10,905,961 times
Reputation: 47194
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
To the OP......You mean Basketball stars.....real "gems" like Dennis Rodman(he was so cute in his wedding dress)......GIVE ME A BREAK...Queen Latifa may be a bit overweight but she is a beautiful woman.
Amen and what kills me about this is that it's not like Queen Latifa doesn't have her OWN money and CAREER. She doesn't need a man to 'take care of her' and some men, a lot of men for that fact, like women with some meat on their bones, plus a woman who makes them laugh.

Why don't we take, oh let's say Tiger who is? was? married to a gorgeous SLENDER former Swedish model and STILL needed to feed his insecurities by diddling another woman. Gotta say though, Erin sure know's how to swing a 9 iron lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2010, 09:05 AM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,168 posts, read 17,401,557 times
Reputation: 64101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I never been into fat plain looking women so they wouldn't be able to get my number
Fat, plain or other wise, you have yet to find a woman who is into you. Her looks should be your least concern. Have you found a woman with a pulse, willing to be your girlfriend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2010, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Hell, NY
3,188 posts, read 5,053,077 times
Reputation: 5698
Queen Latifah doesn't want a man anyways. She's gay. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top