Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:54 PM

52,684 posts, read 47,932,189 times

Advertisements

Good Friday afternoon, folks! Weekend time already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 02:55 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Anyone see the Lady Gaga concert this year? I got free box seats from my company for the show here. No matter what you think of the music (I like it) it was an amazing spectacle. I could have done without the political statements between almost every song but hey, it is a free country.,

Old 09-24-2010, 09:22 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Heads up folks.....I have heard that the rock group HEART is starting a new tour.(though it seems I'm a bit late....LOL). And good evening all my musical friends...Hope you/we all have a great weekend.

P.S......Along the lines that saucy was stating: How do the Moderators feel about letting the original thread starters ROLL OVER their own threads when they reach the 2,500 reply and add the link to the new thread; this would avoid any misunderstandings and take some pressure/duties off of our overworked Moderators, of course the Mods. would then need to lock the original thread.

HEART (http://www.heart-music.com/tour/tour.asp - broken link)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_(band)

Heart Tickets - Heart Concert Tour Schedule - Heart Ticket Broker

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 09-24-2010 at 09:44 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 11:16 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,546,236 times
Mods letting the original thread poster, rollover with the thread take pressure offa the Mods?

I dunno how to be diplomatic like grown people or lie like them etc.. the truth is its easier for the Mods to do nothin BUT the people who like postin in a thread with that poster name as head feels bereft.. homeless.. rudderless.. betrayed.. its a vibe thing people...

Pitt your vibe "feels" well like Pitt but if Case took it over then those who wanna see your name and feel your vibe will "feel" lost.. sick at heart etc.. see us kids can relate to this stuff without all this complicated bs cause well, its like a thread bein started by Iron Man, then it rolls over and Leave it to beaver takes it over.. and we're not suppose to FEEL the difference? ..

Forgit that.. the people who post in that thread WILL "feel" it so even if its easier for the Mod to do nothin it is cruel to
those who wanna be under the Iron Man vibe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post

RF will start posting more frequently...we all miss his musical selections and musings.
Really I came in here to answer this one Pitts when shy was readin the thread to me.. :: burst out cryin and hugs Pitts not carin what others think::

Pitts I wanna post so bad but my body is crazy now.. joints inflamed and
it hurts for me to type or write or do anythin.. I don't wanna be that kid
thats boohooin feelin sorry for himself but that means it takes ALL my
energy to do what use to not take any thinkin at all..

To do any of this stuff is way painful EVEN with painkillers muscle relaxants etc.. its so bad that I'm approved for a card but that part makes me happy.. so I'm writin here because I don't wanna feel you feelin sad anymore...

I wish you were in my gen then you could feel me by just thinkin of me or
seein my name.. see my gen brainwaves got formed largely by technology..

my gen got powerful feelins from a robot voice sayin good job cause we put numbers in the right box at a computer screen or tv scene setup.. and your gen got powerful feelins sittin at a kitchen table with a mom or dad or granny or somethin with blood and flesh sayin good job..

our feelins came from a bodyless fleshless voice is what I'm sayin.. so we feel through technnology easy.. our most powerful feelins even.. maybe yours came from a baseball game with peers.. not sure what I'm tryin to say other than I Love You and miss you and am sorry for the pain you feel when I'm not around.. :: Huggin you ::

I hope to be better later & we'll see.. but thats why if I can type I do metal.. cause my ragin spirit is free there, or withfeelin cause my virtual body is healthy there & i can emote & run & be free if I want to .. I had to do goth to stop the pain of someone who felt it as strong as I feel it in my body everyday..

The Mod can delete this post later but I want yall all to feel that you all
make up the inner world that I dream in.. so hopefully Pitts you can copy/paste this somewhere before its deleted.. cause this is more to me than even music.. the robot voice of my gens babyhood never die.. I can't explain it.. how bout I promise not to make another long post in community chat ever again? Haaaahaaaaahaaaa! .. we'll see 'bout that!! Okay Peace All!

Jim

Old 09-24-2010, 11:49 PM

5,431 posts, read 29,172,095 times
Jim...hugging you...this is a chat thread...there shouldn't be a limit as to the length of your post...I know how much thought you put into everything you write...and I know how much physical pain such a long post caused you...and I appreciate you sharing your feelings.

To the question of who rolls over the threads...in some cases the original thread starter is not always available to do that on a timely basis...or may not even be posting much anymore...but their name should still head the thread...so I think it is best left to the moderators to lock and rollover into the next phase.

~DesertWanderer~

Old 09-25-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertWanderer View Post
Jim...hugging you...this is a chat thread...there shouldn't be a limit as to the length of your post...I know how much thought you put into everything you write...and I know how much physical pain such a long post caused you...and I appreciate you sharing your feelings.

To the question of who rolls over the threads...in some cases the original thread starter is not always available to do that on a timely basis...or may not even be posting much anymore...but their name should still head the thread...so I think it is best left to the moderators to lock and rollover into the next phase.

~DesertWanderer~
Hi DW.......Giving Jim a big hug and positive vibes to feel a bit better......I ain't so old as to not understand what RF means...except I'm a Football nut....especially College Football.

And you are correct....this IS OUR chat thread....NO post can be too long or too short....we are all in this together and after all....chatting is the thread's purpose.

The reason I brought up the roll over issue was because my Hard/Soft Rock Thread got lost in the shuffle. Saucy called it to my attention....because she now appears as the thread starter for Part I....which got locked and rolled over at 3,000 posts; but now new threads will be rolled at 2,500 posts.

I just thought rolling over our own threads would avoid confusion etc....because the Mods are busy enough and we all make mistakes. However...I obviously agree if that poster is no longer active in the Forum, then the Moderators would need to do that, so the original poster retains credit for the thread.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSilver View Post
Mods letting the original thread poster, rollover with the thread take pressure offa the Mods?

I dunno how to be diplomatic like grown people or lie like them etc.. the truth is its easier for the Mods to do nothin BUT the people who like postin in a thread with that poster name as head feels bereft.. homeless.. rudderless.. betrayed.. its a vibe thing people...

Pitt your vibe "feels" well like Pitt but if Case took it over then those who wanna see your name and feel your vibe will "feel" lost.. sick at heart etc.. see us kids can relate to this stuff without all this complicated bs cause well, its like a thread bein started by Iron Man, then it rolls over and Leave it to beaver takes it over.. and we're not suppose to FEEL the difference? ..

Forgit that.. the people who post in that thread WILL "feel" it so even if its easier for the Mod to do nothin it is cruel to
those who wanna be under the Iron Man vibe!

Really I came in here to answer this one Pitts when shy was readin the thread to me.. :: burst out cryin and hugs Pitts not carin what others think::

Pitts I wanna post so bad but my body is crazy now.. joints inflamed and
it hurts for me to type or write or do anythin.. I don't wanna be that kid
thats boohooin feelin sorry for himself but that means it takes ALL my
energy to do what use to not take any thinkin at all..

To do any of this stuff is way painful EVEN with painkillers muscle relaxants etc.. its so bad that I'm approved for a card but that part makes me happy.. so I'm writin here because I don't wanna feel you feelin sad anymore...

I wish you were in my gen then you could feel me by just thinkin of me or
seein my name.. see my gen brainwaves got formed largely by technology..

my gen got powerful feelins from a robot voice sayin good job cause we put numbers in the right box at a computer screen or tv scene setup.. and your gen got powerful feelins sittin at a kitchen table with a mom or dad or granny or somethin with blood and flesh sayin good job..

our feelins came from a bodyless fleshless voice is what I'm sayin.. so we feel through technnology easy.. our most powerful feelins even.. maybe yours came from a baseball game with peers.. not sure what I'm tryin to say other than I Love You and miss you and am sorry for the pain you feel when I'm not around.. :: Huggin you ::

I hope to be better later & we'll see.. but thats why if I can type I do metal.. cause my ragin spirit is free there, or withfeelin cause my virtual body is healthy there & i can emote & run & be free if I want to .. I had to do goth to stop the pain of someone who felt it as strong as I feel it in my body everyday..

The Mod can delete this post later but I want yall all to feel that you all
make up the inner world that I dream in.. so hopefully Pitts you can copy/paste this somewhere before its deleted.. cause this is more to me than even music.. the robot voice of my gens babyhood never die.. I can't explain it.. how bout I promise not to make another long post in community chat ever again? Haaaahaaaaahaaaa! .. we'll see 'bout that!! Okay Peace All!

Jim
BIG HUG...now you got me crying too I so hope you soon feel better!!!!

Don't post on my account...PLEASE...I was just worried, expressing my concern...I did NOT mean to "pressure" you to post. I love you too....please take care of yourself...I understand what you mean by the technology thing. I'm still pretty new to computers.....but I too get a charge outta posting a poll or thread correctly...so I do somewhat understand the computer connection. But you are correct...my generation "lived/talked" at the kitchen table....until TV started to become more popular.

The Moderators won't delete your post......we have their blessings on this thread...the only question is whether OR not it will remain a stickied thread. And you can talk in it whenever you feel well enough to let us share in your life....and hopefully I and others can help to ameliorate/lessen your pain somewhat. Feel the love I'm trying to convey to you and remember I am always with you in my thoughts/prayers and triumphs. PEACE/LOVE and HAPPINESS.. PITTS.

NOW some METAL for MY FRIEND>>>>>

YouTube - Todd Rundgren Heavy Metal Kids

Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Afternoon all! PITTS you were talking about Jimi and one thing about his amazing talent is the fact he was playing a right handed Strat left handed! If you notice in his vids it's upside down. Now that is talent - plus, using the Star Spangled Banner as an example, the way he could create the sounds of the lyrics simply by manipulating his guitar. An amazing artist that we lost too soon.

OH and I agree with Swede about maybe we just post a link only to a song or artist that we're chatting about instead of an imbedded video. That way people who are interested in the tidbit can go over and check it out, but others don't have to JMO and great thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
Afternoon all! PITTS you were talking about Jimi and one thing about his amazing talent is the fact he was playing a right handed Strat left handed! If you notice in his vids it's upside down. Now that is talent - plus, using the Star Spangled Banner as an example, the way he could create the sounds of the lyrics simply by manipulating his guitar. An amazing artist that we lost too soon.

OH and I agree with Swede about maybe we just post a link only to a song or artist that we're chatting about instead of an imbedded video. That way people who are interested in the tidbit can go over and check it out, but others don't have to JMO and great thread
Thanx.......I agree......I only posted a video to cheer Jim up......I agree also....we should ONLY use this thread for chatting; since we have a multitude of other threads for posting embedded videos..

Old 09-25-2010, 04:50 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Thanx.......I agree......I only posted a video to cheer Jim up......I agree also....we should ONLY use this thread for chatting; since we have a multitude of other threads for posting embedded videos..
Well that's what music does - cheer people up OH and my bad - I saw the Jimi video and it was our friend Axle Grease who posted the rare footage of Jimi I see how your video would cheer our Jim up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music