Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
On a side note....I feel we are all mourning for the loss of another "Music Legend": LYNYRD SKYNYRD aka Leonard Skinner the person for whom the band was named; their High School Gym Coach who inadvertantly helped to name this iconic band. May he REST IN PEACE>>>>>
Leonard Skinner, Namesake Of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Dies « 1059 SUNNY FM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
Yes. Thread originators should be the OPs of subsequent threads (i.e., part 2, part 3, . . . ) continuing an original theme. I don't know why I was shown as the OP of the Hard/Soft thread.

In the past, when a thread was close to 3,000 posts, a mod would start a new one. The original post became the first post of the new continuing thread. Often this initial post provides the "theme" of the thread, or rules for a musical game, or other such useful info.

The old thread would be closed. The last post would provide the link to the new one in the last post of the old thread. If we are short on mods, we might need to notify one ourselves when one of our threads is close to the limit, which is now 2,500 posts, and not 3,000 posts as it was previously.
I think that's only right when a person starts a thread and its so popular that it's closed down (locked) and restarted as the OP should be listed on the subsequent parts. I started the 80's music thread back in May 2008 and yet the last moderator here made herself as the OP on part II and III as that irked me i admit and so Thursday promised me that if it becomes part 4 that she'll reinstate me as the OP

Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
After many, many years of hoping in vain that they'd play somewhere nearby, I noticed that Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush are going to be playing at a local club. Awesome! I've been waiting on this for a long, long time. Anyone else a big Frank Marino fan?
I remember him and Robin Trower were some of the good guitarists to come out after Hendrix in the early to mid 70's back then from my memory.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
On a side note....I feel we are all mourning for the loss of another "Music Legend": LYNYRD SKYNYRD aka Leonard Skinner the person for whom the band was named; their High School Gym Coach who inadvertantly helped to name this iconic band. May he REST IN PEACE>>>>>
Leonard Skinner, Namesake Of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Dies « 1059 SUNNY FM
I've forgotten the name of the cemetery but i've been to Ronnie Van Zant's grave which is in Orange Park, Florida a suburb of Jacksonville as i admit that i was kind of in awe when i was there. He has a huge tombstone and i remember there were full unopened cans of beer and unlit joints sitting on top of it and so i asked my friend who was a diehard fan why all the paraphernalia on it and he stated that fans always leave that stuff on there for ''Ronnie''

Old 09-26-2010, 01:06 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Foot 3 View Post
I think that's only right when a person starts a thread and its so popular that it's closed down (locked) and restarted as the OP should be listed on the subsequent parts. I started the 80's music thread back in May 2008 and yet the last moderator here made herself as the OP on part II and III as that irked me i admit and so Thursday promised me that if it becomes part 4 that she'll reinstate me as the OP
I'm so sorry to hear that 6 Foot 3 ...YOU should get credit for threads that you took the time to put together, compose , post in and monitor. Same thing has happened in my Hard/Soft Rock Thread.....another poster brought it to my attention that it appears in their account and they started the thread. Perhaps our Moderasting Team will rectify this problem as it is most discouraging for the original poster..

Old 09-26-2010, 01:08 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Foot 3 View Post
I've forgotten the name of the cemetery but i've been to Ronnie Van Zant's grave which is in Orange Park, Florida a suburb of Jacksonville as i admit that i was kind of in awe when i was there. He has a huge tombstone and i remember there were full unopened cans of beer and unlit joints sitting on top of it and so i asked my friend who was a diehard fan why all the paraphernalia on it and he stated that fans always leave that stuff on there for ''Ronnie''
Now that's respectful and dedicated fans...very loyal and sounds like it's worth visiting for a myriad of reasons. .

Old 09-26-2010, 01:22 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Wow, there is a lot of baggage and hurt feelings here. I do not understand about why anyone would care about an original thread and who authored what subsequent threads but I respect that some people do. If you have complaints please contact me. Even though this is a chat thread I would appreciate comments about Moderation to be within TOS, which means not to be discussed in the forms. And, for the record, I can make anybody the first post of any thread. It does take a bit of tedious moderation work but it can be done and I don't mind doing it. I can even fix it from previous Mods. Just DM me with the previous threads and the current threads and I will get them straightened out.

Hope you all are having a good Sunday.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:30 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,104,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
And, for the record, I can make anybody the first post of any thread. It does take a bit of tedious moderation work but it can be done and I don't mind doing it. I can even fix it from previous Mods. Just DM me with the previous threads and the current threads and I will get them straightened out.

Thank You Beretta! What a very kind offer to extend to this community.

A great Sunday afternoon to you and all!

rare

Old 09-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Now that's respectful and dedicated fans...very loyal and sounds like it's worth visiting for a myriad of reasons. .
Yeap it had the feel of what i imagined Jim Morrison's grave site in France was similar to

Old 09-26-2010, 02:37 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,922,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Wow, there is a lot of baggage and hurt feelings here.

Some have their reasons.

I do not understand about why anyone would care about an original thread and who authored what subsequent threads

But, the OPs of the original threads do.

but I respect that some people do.

And, I can respect that!

A little respect for the music posters . . . what a refreshing idea! I like you already Beretta!

If you have complaints please contact me. Even though this is a chat thread I would appreciate comments about Moderation to be within TOS, which means not to be discussed in the forms.

And, for the record, "I can make anybody" the first post of any thread.

Well, that's exactly what we don't want. Just joshin' ya! But, the OPs of original threads should be the OPs of subsequent spin offs of said thread.

It does take a bit of tedious moderation work but it can be done and I don't mind doing it. I can even fix it from previous Mods. Just DM me with the previous threads and the current threads and I will get them straightened out.

Thank you for all your help!!! We can help you too, by letting you know beforehand when our threads get close to 2,500 posts.

Rare is right Beretta. Thanks for your offer to help! It is appreciated. Happy Sunday to all!!!

Saucy

Last edited by saucywench; 09-26-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music