Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:25 PM

165 posts, read 555,651 times

Advertisements

Everyone has one song that they absolutely loath. Mine is the remake that M.Bolton did of, " When a man Loves a Woman " I hate it when artists remake old great classics only to completely trash what the song stood for. Movies two. So what songs do you guys loath and make youturn the station quicker then lightening ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 08:18 AM

793 posts, read 3,123,957 times
Well nothing is worse than bubblegum pop...one that particularly comes to mind is that moronic Spice Girls song..."I tell you want I want, what I really really want.....if you want to be my lover..." Someone get me a barf bag quickly please! I was dumbfounded any 21+ club would be lame enough to actually play this trash.
As far as more rock, anything from Aerosmith in the last 10 years. Also some times, the worst to the ears is the stuff which is just way overplayed, such as alot of the Chili Peppers music the last several years.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:58 AM

41,998 posts, read 75,311,165 times
My list of hated songs is quite long (don't wanna chew up too much bandwidth! LOL), but lately the classic rock station that The Fiance listens to has been playing "Captain Jack" by Billy Joel an awful lot. What an abysmally horrid song ... and my screeching about it has trained The Fiance to change the station within the first two or three notes.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:08 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,651,077 times
Anything by ''Captain and Tennille''............

Old 07-02-2007, 11:19 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,308,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Anything by ''Captain and Tennille''............
Did they have more than one song???

Mine is that putrid song from the 80's, "Pass the Dutchie" by Musical Youth.

"How does it feel when you got no food???" WELL PROBABLY PRETTY HUNGRY BUTTMUNCHES!!! AND WHAT THE HELL IS A 'DUTCHIE' ANYWAY??? SOME TYPE OF BREAD??? AN EXOTIC FRUIT??? A CARRIBEAN BONG??? WHAT??!!!

Sorry...... Lost it there for a moment... rant over...

Old 07-02-2007, 11:19 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,448,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
My list of hated songs is quite long (don't wanna chew up too much bandwidth! LOL), but lately the classic rock station that The Fiance listens to has been playing "Captain Jack" by Billy Joel an awful lot. What an abysmally horrid song ... and my screeching about it has trained The Fiance to change the station within the first two or three notes.
Captain Jack rocks!!!!

Worst songs? Hmmmm, lets see, where do I begin?

Hanson: Mmmmbop
Tracy Chapman: Fast Car
Gwen Stefani: Hollaback Girl (UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Nirvana: Polly

Old 07-02-2007, 11:21 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,465,996 times
Fergalicious
In Da Club
London Bridge
We Belong Together - Mariah
Anything Britney Spears or Jessica/Assley Simpson
Hollerback Girl
It's My Life/Gwen Stefani (I thought the Talk Talk version was just fine, thanks)
Pretty much anything from Gwen starting from the Harajuku girls on

Old 07-02-2007, 11:22 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,465,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Did they have more than one song???

Mine is that putrid song from the 80's, "Pass the Dutchie" by Musical Youth.

"How does it feel when you got no food???" WELL PROBABLY PRETTY HUNGRY BUTTMUNCHES!!! AND WHAT THE HELL IS A 'DUTCHIE' ANYWAY??? SOME TYPE OF BREAD??? AN EXOTIC FRUIT??? A CARRIBEAN BONG??? WHAT??!!!

Sorry...... Lost it there for a moment... rant over...
A Dutchie is ganja, aka mary jane, weed, pot, etc.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:32 AM

793 posts, read 3,123,957 times
Almost anything by Gwen Steffani of the hip-hop variety is a great choice, especially that "Hollaback Girl" song I recall hearing a few times. Those few times were enough to have me lunge for the barf bag as well. But as for "Captain Jack", I can't imagine why. That is one of Billy Joel's best and one of the best overall from the classic rock era!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:18 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,952,698 times
"Walking in Memphis." I hate that song!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music