Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 03:33 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,528,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Here are a few good ones from the golden age of MTV. This was back when they were more into the music rather than how much bling-bling and T&A you HAVE TO SHOW. Crappy videos for crappy tunes, what do you expect? LOL
Have you forgotten that the so-called "golden age" of MTV was also the age of hair metal, which was an equally-shallow style of music with equally-stupid music videos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,528,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
Non coincidentally, back in the day, most "Real" Hip Hop acts had zero White people attending their concerts and buying their albums. I think it is weird that most of what White folks describe as "Real" Hip Hop acts are venomously anti-White like Dead Prez and The Coup have entirely White concert attendances and fan bases. Do White Hip Hop fans like to be made feel guilty about things their ancestors may have done through terrible racist demogauge rappers? Why doesn't someone tell me because I can't figure it out.
I think this post from "Stuff White People Like" pretty much answers your question: #116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore « Stuff White People Like

Old 11-12-2010, 07:24 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,309,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
Have you forgotten that the so-called "golden age" of MTV was also the age of hair metal, which was an equally-shallow style of music with equally-stupid music videos?
Bad cloths and haircuts don't make make tunes. These tunes are still very popular today. Will these new Rap and Hip-Hops still be in 20 or 30?

Old 11-13-2010, 02:57 AM

BTW, clothes peeps...... clothes! I can't spell and ran out of time to edit! LOL

Old 11-13-2010, 05:23 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,426,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Bad cloths and haircuts don't make make tunes. These tunes are still very popular today. Will these new Rap and Hip-Hops still be in 20 or 30?
I doubt it.

Like Jay-Z and Beyonce's "Me And My Girlfriend" song back in 2002, almost everyone had forgotten about that.

That's the best example I can give.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
I doubt it.

Like Jay-Z and Beyonce's "Me And My Girlfriend" song back in 2002, almost everyone had forgotten about that.

That's the best example I can give.
Chuck Berry is 84 years old and most of his best is 50-55 years old and still gets jammed by myself and other music nuts!!! Beat that one rhymers! LOL

Old 11-13-2010, 06:24 PM

BTW, the last I read Chuck still performs live at least once a month. Once a month for a 84 year old. His music stands the test of time as well as one of his biggest influences. Hell, even they have been at it for almost four decades and still as popular as ever. We all love ya Chuck and OZgals boys too!!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9zMOxVj2Ec

Old 11-17-2010, 11:05 PM

655 posts, read 2,203,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
I mean all they do on the videos is show fancy cars, jewelry, half-naked Women along with bikinis on, flashing money around, showin' big houses and being at Clubs(such as night clubs).

Why not make a video that has substance and story rather than the same thing over and over especially when that song has storytelling.

And speaking of song that has storytelling, back in 2000 I heard this song called "Stranger In My House" by Tamia, which was(is) a good song and I mean very good song which made me by Tamia's album "A Nu Day".

Then when I saw the Music Video for the songs Stranger In My House all the video showed was Tamia showing off her body. I'm like come on Tamia make the video that is part of the song.
The people who write the checks control the message. That includes the record and the music channels executives and programmers.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
i love this video and song.

So much truth. It's been a loooong time since I heard that song.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I love Hip Hop. But I feel like Chris Rock always trying to defend it as Art to those who don't understand it...

[/url]
..never gets old. I'm crying laughing over here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music