Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:40 PM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times

Advertisements

I really miss the house thread...

Roy Davis Jr.- Welcome To The Club - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 08:28 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,711,167 times

Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - Let The Beat Hit 'Em (Rare Super Pumped-Up C&C Vocal Club Mix) - YouTube

Old 11-16-2011, 08:40 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
you musta been reading my mind D217

Agoria - Les Violons Ivres - YouTube

Old 11-17-2011, 05:34 AM

1,022 posts, read 11,562,228 times
Default Robert Owens - I'll Be Your Friend (Original DEF Mix), FingersInc - Can You Feel It, Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body

Ow! Lady D217! *Grin checking out the new digs here* all right...

Well Let's Get this party started! *Laughing...hanging up the Disco Ball"

Robert Owens - I'll Be Your Friend (Original DEF Mix)

Robert Owens - I'll be your friend - YouTube

FingersInc - Can You Feel It

FingersInc - Can You Feel It - YouTube

Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body

SFUR Marshall Jefferson Move Your Body - YouTube

O Lady how I wished I had more Time!!! Let's Dance Everybody!

KnightShadow

P.S I guess We can't repost other people's post from the Former Thread? There was a good one from Spraynard that I think warrants being included in any House thread, but will leave it alone if its against some rule.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:35 AM

Default Trentemoller - Evil Dub & Moan (Live), Commemorating Plaque, Let There Be House

*Join the crew redecorating Lady D217's Club...Come in carrying a Curved Bronze Plaque on Top of My Head with special workmen gloves, Workbelt hanging low on Hips...Wink at Lady Artemis*

Lady might You hand Me My drill hanging there...*Grinning* while I position this just right on these Curved Masonry Walls? Going to look good here in the Central Gallery, Paying Respects to Our Originator Spraynard Kruger...

Trentemoller - Evil Dub & Moan (Live)

YouTube - ‪Trentemoller - Evil Dub-Moan‬‏

*Special Brass Mountings had already been cast, Extra back padding done, lead anchor set, holes drilled through the face for machine screws. Pull up A metal striking tool and hammer from belt, driving sleeves into drilled holes... quickly replace tools with a sling gunner's quickness, tightens screws in the expansion sleeves with a screwdriver... a final grunt then Step back looking at the work...*

=PLAQUE QUOTE=

...It's the media that love categorizing sounds and creating genres. I kinda dislike them, but they have become a necessary evil. That being said....

Trance is actually a genre unto itself with several sub-genres. Trance generally has a much faster tempo, clocking in around 128-135 BPM (Beats Per Minute.) Trance is primarily synth-based with lots of arpeggiated chords, 16 bar snare rolls that build and typically lead into dramatic, beatless breakdowns with lots of angelic sounding harmonies. Lots of tension and release. Lots of "hands in the air reaching for the laser" moments. Like candy, it tastes good in small amounts. Eat too much and it's sweetness will rot your teeth.

House music, especially the earlier variants featured so far in this thread, is inspired primarily by Disco, Jazz and R & B elements but one thing that Trance and House share is the common 4/4 rhythm (four on the floor) . The kick....and the high hat. Untz - Untz - Untz - Untz.

House music tends to be much more funky, soulful and organic. It tends to be more musical. It is also pitched down around 120-128 for the deep to midtempo variants. You will hear lots of piano, frequently a rhodes or organ, live percussion, live brass and typically more vocals. Synthesizers are also quite common in house music.

House music has a lot of variants that can be traced over the past 30 years or so, but it was born in Chicago.

Trance was born in Europe.

Techno originated in Detroit.

There are sects who like one style, but not the other. People can get really persnickety about trance vs. house and all it's variants.

All forms of EDM (electronic dance music) share some commonality. Its what happens between the shifts that make it interesting to me. A lot of people just call all the genres "Techno." So be it.

I like most genres of EDM. I don't discriminate much as long as the music is of a particular quality.

This is a great interactive website for exploring all sorts of Electronic Music. It was built with flash and allows a visitor to explore different drum machine sounds, vocal samples and various gear that goes into making electronic dance music. It also includes timeline's with examples from each sub-genre, making it a bit easier to identify how sounds have evolved over the past 30 years or so. A great time warp.

= Authour: Spraynard Kruger =

*Twirl Screwdriver between Fingers, then slide it back into the belt like a Gunslinger. Grinning*... Allllright Now! *Smiling down at Lady Artemis* O let the Memories Fly!

*See the New Curator of the Club passes by with a crowd of entertainment reporters at Her heels so just Wave at Lady D217...chuckling*

Let's go see What's playing Now... HA!...

Let There Be House

Let There Be House - YouTube

Old 11-17-2011, 09:11 AM

Default West Norwood Cassette Library - Blonde On Blonde and Underworld - Moaner [Everything,Everything]

*Swagger with arm around Lady Artemis's waist...easily open a door leading to some GOOD Memories! Grins...*

Dear Lady...Remember THIS Memory? Why don't We slip into that roller coaster past...rewind Time for 10 minutes (Then I got to get outta here! HA!)

*Step behind You, pulling you gently against Me while bringing a hand over your eyes...Whisper something...you lean back & We float....there!*

*Catches Lady Artemis' net between My Teeth...slowly twist it around My wrist, Dancing Closer to You, Grinning*

Just a brief trip this time Goddess so let's take a shortcut through the Celestial library...*Our Feelings Entwine...The Wiggly Worm moves deep...Casting its Glow*

West Norwood Cassette Library - Blonde On Blonde

West Norwood Cassette Library - Blonde On Blonde - YouTube

*accelerates lightspeed...slows with a soft settling thrust...touch base amongst a Celestial gathering Off-planet with other House Lovers*

Baby...Feel that Collective Moan? *My Feelings Fling Your Net over Us and the excited Crowd... ascending miles...a slow transparent trail of Sunset colours deepens, becoming Stars!*

The Fires been Set! It's time for Moaning, Girl...A Sweeet Timeless Sensation of Collective Moans...ain't no shame in Our Love Game...

Only in House are We One...Only in House are We Free to be collective lovers...So ride with Me baby.... Come ride that Sacred wave of collective moans...No fakes here love...Just Feel it baby...FEEL the Rhythm you ride...MMmmm!

Underworld - Moaner [Everything,Everything]

YouTube - Underworld - Moaner [Everything,Everything]

KnightShadow

Old 11-17-2011, 09:27 AM

Default MRI - Round & Round, Kasbah Zoo - Found The Groove (zoo-Technique), Bill Youngman - HH3, Nick Sole - Back To Love

Or This Darling....

*The Collective pull Wobbles, thrusts the Wiggly Worm Awake!!*

Grip tight baby... here we go! OOOo YeA!

Tommy Four Seven - Track 5 - Original

YouTube - ‪Tommy Four Seven - Track 5 [CLR]‬‏

*Lightspeed sensations flood senses... liquid sun arcs deep and high...We, Jacking thru Galactic Beltways*

Conforce - Digital Affair (Field 03)

YouTube - ‪Conforce - Digital Affair (Field 03)‬‏

Other sensations ride Us now...universal dream floats...and We...gaining awareness... entice the Cosmos!
Delight materializes a pair of lips... showering Us with slow deep kisses of bliss...

Enigma - Beyond the Invisible

YouTube - ‪Enigma - Beyond the Invisible [HQ]‬‏

Gravitational sequences whirl tight, then jack-rabbit Us back to hyperspeed... Rollercoaster Ride baby! the Wiggly Worm laughs!

Cosmic Jackin Approach! Our bodies vibrate planets as We zip thru! O Gawd Yes! Below...a Collective Moan
orbits feelings... sweeping rivers of sensation bring Us back, and We...lost in its gravitational pull...its tides... are back...
back into atomic structures of flesh and blood...

*Smile into Goddess's dreamy eyes as We dance... whisper*

We're back darling... back to good and evil... back to the House of Jack... back,

...where love can still be found on this Earth...

Nick Solé - Earth (Fauxpas 003)

YouTube - ‪Nick Sole

where love can still be found...

KnightShadow

Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM

Default Booka Shade - Body Language, Booka Shade vs MANDY - Body Language, Julio Bashmore - Battle For Middle You

....uh Oh Goddess... *Grin at you* I'm a responsible Chap and see You're not yet fully on Earth...
*Wriggle brows...We laugh* Come on girl...You need More Earth...

How about some Body language? Since We rode Our Bodies hard... Gonna give You a light tickling touch. Nothing Heavy... Smile

Booka Shade - Body Language [ENDS Around 5:01]

YouTube - ‪Booka Shade - Body Language‬‏

*Gaze down at You...hmmmm....We both Grinning like lunatics*

MMm Not YET! a little more Goddess...then I'll trust departing from You... Gonna feel it down the length of your spine...
across your neck so Come on! HA!

Booka Shade vs MANDY - Body Language

YouTube - ‪Booka Shade vs MANDY - body language‬‏

NOW to settle You back Firm...Gonna plant You deep in one of Yours!
The Perfect Release, Let's Get Down!!

Oh yea girl, Let's Get Down...

Julio Bashmore - Battle For Middle You

YouTube - ‪Julio Bashmore - Battle For Middle You‬‏

*See You are fully Goddess Artemis again...... Hand in Hand, Head Us back to your table, Ordering drinks
for Everyone before Departing, Smile*

Thank You for the Dance Goddess...A Pleasure to Merge with You! It was Fun! escaping the real world for awhile!
Merging with You always is.

KnightShadow

Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 AM

Default Carl Cox - Space Calling , DJ Rolando - Jaguar , Heller & Farley Project - Ultra Flava

*Smiling at Goddess Artemis!* Yes...Good Memories... and now I best remember 1 for Lady shyangel or she will be furious at Me if she return in January...LOL.

*gives Lady Artemis waist a squeeze then...

wave arm so that shyangel may be happy too!...chuckle* Remember this shy?

And now Our dear shyangel! Have you kept to studies... I know its difficult NOT giving in to pleasure... let's see...

Originally Posted by shyangel
{ Sir KnightShadow... are You not Proud how i could come in, gazing longingly at these songs and not throw caution to the wind knowing my paper is due in 10 minutes!? (giggles)}...

OH! LOL! I am! HA! ... a Reward then *Going through possible selections designed specially for Yes! shyangel!

Quote:
{ resist kissing everyone! giggles... waves }

...shyangel...

LOL! Well anytime you're in that mood just play that sensation/feeling to Me! I can most defintely take your Wave, letting You be free! Soul to Soul My dear!

We can start with an earth flight... a Video composed of (I Think) a Cosmic Gate's mix. So Put on your wingsuit... * help her in it... adjusts her facemask* Ready? We'll catch up with You shy! Afterall its a Group Experience!

Here We Go!

Extreme Wingsuit flying (sound like a Cosmic Gate mix)
(Not There any more)

Ready for that trip into Space? ... Oh its calling now! * open shirt a little... swaying shoulders, getting into it *

O Baby its time! Feel it with Me! Oh Yeaaa!

Carl Cox - Space Calling (Original Mix)

Carl Cox - Space Calling (Original Mix) - YouTube

Give Me some of that Ultra Flava! But not just Yet!
We go Cat darling!

DJ Rolando - Jaguar (Dance Of The Cat) [Remix by Jeff Mills]

DJ Rolando - Jaguar (Dance Of The Cat) [Remix by Jeff Mills] - YouTube

Approaching... Gonna Break thru Alien space...

Time to Dive baby! Hold on tight! Feeeel that Ultra Flava!

Heller & Farley Project - Ultra Flava - ( Rhythm Masters Club mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JLQA0Ciljw

Knight

Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 AM

Default Crookers - I want your Soul (Armand) also Frankie Knuckles - baby wants to Ride and Jungle Brothers - I'll House You

Ending with My own Favourites!

I'll quote you only once...*Grin*

oOOo! { feeling the beat } oh darling...

Take Me - Hanna Hansen & David Puentez - Gabi Newman & Liz Mugler Remix

Take Me - Hanna Hansen & David Puentez - Gabi Newman & Liz Mugler Remix - YouTube

...shyangel...

Crookers - I want your Soul (Armand Van Helden)

Crookers - I Want your soul (armand van helden) - YouTube

Then one from shyangel...

The Drum Club - U Make Me Feel So Good (Deep 'N' Hard Mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDmI9uTkp5Q

(I'm not any more of yours in case you're lurking...being naughty is what...You know *Wry Grin*)

Frankie Knuckles - baby wants to Ride

Frankie Knuckles - Baby wants to ride - YouTube

And quoting Myself from back in the Day...

Sound keeping you satisfied? We'll go old skool anthem... Lowering intensity just a little bit now... a teeny weeny bit because Somebody's got to keep control! * Laughing tease *

Jungle Brothers - I'll House You

Jungle Brothers - I'll House You - YouTube

Have FUN All

KnightShadow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music