Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times

Advertisements

...especially one-night stands?

It seems like back in the late 90's, few of the hit songs at the time were of a sexual nature, or at least they toned it down. But now in 2012, it sometimes seems like EVERY song is about sex, and usually one-night stands - usually an assertive male speaking of taking a woman home for a night from the club, or increasing ly the other way around (e.g. Kesha's "Bla Bla Bla"). Even songs that are not otherwise centered around sex seem to make an obligatory token reference (e.g. Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music", Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory") This has seemed to be the case for about 10 years now.

Are regular people really so horny or sex-obsessed as to find this appealing? Although my religious views come into play here, even from a secular perspective, it's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 07:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
What music do you listen to? I don't listen to music hits.

If you listen to my music, you'd be listening to power metal mostly. And Apocalyptica.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:44 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
because that's what people are into nowadays. Quick and easy lays, no commitments. I don't care how much they pass it off as "normal for everyone" it's not my thing and never will be.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post

It seems like back in the late 90's, few of the hit songs at the time were of a sexual nature, or at least they toned it down. But now in 2012, it sometimes seems like EVERY song is about sex, and usually one-night stands - usually an assertive male speaking of taking a woman home for a night from the club, or increasing ly the other way around (e.g. Kesha's "Bla Bla Bla"). Even songs that are not otherwise centered around sex seem to make an obligatory token reference (e.g. Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music", Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory") This has seemed to be the case for about 10 years now.

Are regular people really so horny or sex-obsessed as to find this appealing? Although my religious views come into play here, even from a secular perspective, it's ridiculous.
I haven't noticed this.

[i haven't listened to the radio since 2004]

Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post

This is nothing new, been going on for decades. In the 70's we were listening to plenty of songs about sex -
Afternoon Delight
Me and Mrs. Jones
If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right

I could go on and on....

Ever listen to the words of Simon and Garfunkels "Cecilia"???

Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia - YouTube

Making love in the afternoon with Cecilia
Up in my bedroom making love
I got up to wash my face
When I come back to bed
Someone's taken my place

Old 06-28-2012, 07:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
because that's what people are into nowadays. Quick and easy lays, no commitments. I don't care how much they pass it off as "normal for everyone" it's not my thing and never will be.
I don't want a quick and easy lay.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:57 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
Well, I keep up to date with pop music. I don't purposely listen to it, but encounter it on the radio.

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I don't want a quick and easy lay.

okay, but most of these people do and it's all they concentrate on from what I seen, sex this sex that and how fast can we 'get to it.' That's why I think the OP is hearing an influx of those type of songs.

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5QVHrjkhlw

I love this.

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
I do I do. But other than that, none of the music i listen to seems to be much about sex. Probably since i dont listen to garbage, but i realize that taste in music is highly subjective, so more power to ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music