Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 08:07 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,297,725 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm new to streaming services, I generally use my mp3 player and not my phone to play music but since I've had a one-month trial period with Google Play Music I have wanted to give a try and I'm curious about certain things. Maybe someone else on this board uses it and can give some insight ?

- When I upload my music, the app on the computer crashes every other time, or takes forever to upload like 5 songs. The computer I use it is basically new (bought in January) and runs on windows 10 64bits, so this is a bit underwhelming. Are these problems normal ? I have a bit of concern about that because I probably own 80 GB of music so this might take forever to upload.

- One pays a $10 monthly fee for the music to be streamed and downloaded, but then you can also buy it. What difference does it make ? I have read somewhere that you can only download the same music twice. Does it only apply to music you have not bought ?

- I have downloaded one album which I didn't have on mp3 so that I could play it on my phone, but there is no way to play the files without Google Play because they're encrypted. Will it be similar if I upload my own mp3s ?

- I have added some artists / albums on my library using my phone. They do not appear on my computer whatsoever. And the music I have uploaded on my computer does not show up on my phone either. Is there a way to sync both devices ?

- I am not sure I want to keep on using the paying version, how different will be the free version ? Just no download but still able to stream using data / wi-fi ?

That's all for now but maybe this thread could be used to clarify the use of these services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music