Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 09:28 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,784,442 times

Advertisements

Taylor Swift had to to win Entertainer of the Year award, she won over Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, and Keith Urban, has the world gone mad????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 09:46 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,105,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Taylor Swift had to to win Entertainer of the Year award, she won over Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, and Keith Urban, has the world gone mad????
Naw...the world hasn't gone mad, it's just that the country music world has been overrun with young female fans, who, between popping their bubblegum and slapping on the Clearasil and zombie-texting, will vote for plastic pop-country acts like Swift and that damn boy band, Rascall Flatts.
I was hoping my boy Brad Paisley would snag Entertainer of The Year, but I guess it's OK, since he won the Male Entertainer award.
Overall I thought it was a great show, though. I especially enjoyed the Zac Brown & James Taylor duet, and also the thing with Darius Rucker and the retarded kids. Man, that dude has some pipes!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:36 AM

19,226 posts, read 16,736,940 times
I like Darius Rucker. Liked him when he was with Hootie and the Blowfish and he's just as good singing Country. It was nice to see Sweet Baby James, too. He may be getting older but he can still sing.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:24 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,709,074 times
I thought it was a pretty good show too. As for Taylor Swift winning Entertainer Of The Year..give me a break!..IMO I think she is overrated and shouldn't even have been nominated let alone win.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,685,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Of course the world has gone mad. There are actually people who listen to wrap and hippity hoppity noise right? Seems to be an audience for even bad music. Taylor is not horrible, just some version of teeny bopper country who's only audience is under 15. I guess that don't make her bad, just not worthy of Entertainer of the year award over those other country greats.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,685,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I like Darius Rucker. Liked him when he was with Hootie and the Blowfish and he's just as good singing Country. It was nice to see Sweet Baby James, too. He may be getting older but he can still sing.
I too love Darius Rucker.........but when he was lead man for Hootie. Not that I dislike his version of country, it just seems to get old quick. Bring back Hootie!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:37 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,313,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I SO agree! I loved Hootie & the Blowfish ~ they were kinda-sorta "the Dave Matthews Band" of the 90's. And he transitioned very nicely into Country. Kudos to him.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:46 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,313,679 times
Truthfully, I don't listen much to Country. Used to hate it. But I've grown to like it over the last few years and once in awhile I'll even switch the radio to a Country station. And when I want Country, I want Country ~ not that pop stuff of Taylor Swift.

Last night I decided to watch the awards. There was nothing else better on the tube, and I was curious to see who was popular nowadays. I enjoyed the show. The performers were all good and I liked most of the songs. Some nice outfits. Great to see Hootie and James Taylor. Heck, I even enjoyed Rihanna, although I don't listen to Top 40 at all.

Can't help what I'm about to say, though: What on earth is happening with the Judds? They look like pathetic clowns. Also, it was obvious to me that something went wrong between the two before they went onstage. Oh, well!

I do agree with the mass about Entertainer of the Year, though. I would have preferred to see the award go to any of the others besides her.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Naw...the world hasn't gone mad, it's just that the country music world has been overrun with young female fans, who, between popping their bubblegum and slapping on the Clearasil and zombie-texting, will vote for plastic pop-country acts like Swift and that damn boy band, Rascall Flatts.
I was hoping my boy Brad Paisley would snag Entertainer of The Year, but I guess it's OK, since he won the Male Entertainer award.
Overall I thought it was a great show, though. I especially enjoyed the Zac Brown & James Taylor duet, and also the thing with Darius Rucker and the retarded kids. Man, that dude has some pipes!
I hate Rascall Flatts, that lead singers voice drives me up the wall, it's like nails on a blackboard, i do like one song of theirs "Bless the Broken Road". Other than that, they suck. Brad Paisley is great, and i love Zac Brown Band, that duet was great. I'm just so mad Toby or Jason didn't win, Jason has worked so hard and he really deserved it.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Of course the world has gone mad. There are actually people who listen to wrap and hippity hoppity noise right? Seems to be an audience for even bad music. Taylor is not horrible, just some version of teeny bopper country who's only audience is under 15. I guess that don't make her bad, just not worthy of Entertainer of the year award over those other country greats.
I agree, I think as Taylor matures and lives a little, she'll be writing some good music, she's just to teenie bopper right now and just didn't deserve to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music