U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:06 PM

337 posts, read 533,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Never ever ever ever ever saw any correlation between Neil Young and Nirvana.

Never understood Neil Young labeled as the "Godfather of Grunge". Neil was closer to country western music than he was to grunge.
Actually there are 2 Neils...

One Neil is a super mellow laid back fellow and plays a Martin acoustic.

The other Neil is more aggressive and plays an old modified black Les Paul thru an assortment of
Fender amps and gizmos. This Neil plays with Crazy Horse and is the "Godfather of Grunge".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 03:53 PM

38,226 posts, read 68,162,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzKpfw View Post
Tell me more Ohiogirl, I'm intrigued

All I remember about 1969, you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing "Sugar Sugar"
Monster hit of that summer
Hahaha, I have the "Sugar Sugar" album!

But the following winter was long and dark. Enter Led Zeppelin ... A little different, right?

The radio station I listened to was AM Top 40 all the way, but every week or so they'd play a new album in its entirety. If people liked it, they'd play it again.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 PM

26,125 posts, read 29,347,810 times
I really don't remember. They were always sort of a staple for me. My aunt and uncle had an extensive music collection and knowlege and played in a band so if I had to guess it was probably from them.

I do remember when CD players first came out and when I bought my first one I also bought the entire box set of Led Zeppelin at the same time.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:54 PM

341 posts, read 484,265 times
Goodness gracious... I'm thinking in junior high... possibly at a dance... maybe at a party... or maybe even in someone's car.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:14 PM

3,520 posts, read 8,698,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Never ever ever ever ever saw any correlation between Neil Young and Nirvana.

Never understood Neil Young labeled as the "Godfather of Grunge". Neil was closer to country western music than he was to grunge.
I guess you never listened to Neil Young's stuff with Crazy Horse (i.e. the band with which Neil Young recorded most of his best songs).

Old 08-16-2013, 03:53 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,505,117 times
Turning them off! Ugh!

Old 03-27-2014, 05:22 PM

9,114 posts, read 8,560,239 times
I remember my friend had a copy of Led Zeppelin 4, and we would sit around and listen to the record on his dads hi-fi when He was not home ............ Then we went to the House of Holy concert at Cobo Arena in Detroit way back in July 1973, and we had the worst seats in the show , but the concerts was still great , but Jimmy Page did improvise many Guitar solos which did not sound like the records Guitar work in those days ...........Some people complained about Jimmy Pages guitar and Roberts Plant singing the verses twice like he forgot to words in those days But they were still great to me ..... Even the radio show in The Detroit area never played Led Zeppelin music
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music