Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 03:06 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,217,616 times

Advertisements

Remember, this is your list, not mtv, not vibe's, not any magazine or hip hop site, who are your top 10 mcs of all time

1 Biggie
[theyll be nobody better than big poppa, he made it cool to be overweight, and not good looking, he had swag, before it became popular, he was a great storyteller, and a dope mc, just check his verse on "victory" or "unbelievable" nuff said]
2 jay z
[their was a time, where the ******** could do no wrong, everything ***** would do, rock, say... hip hop would follow, lyrically one of the best at his prime, plus participated in one of the best battles in hip hop history, along w nas, nobody could flow so effortlessly, and make rapping look so eazy]
3 ll cool g
[1 word] longevity
4 ice cube [nwa, the architect of gangsta rap, without cube, their would be no nwa, and without nwa, their wouldnt be a miilion other gangsta/reality rappers]
5 nas [created illmatic, the perfect hip hop album, bodied jay z with ether] nuff said
6 eminem [one of the lyricist of all time, murdered ***** on "renegade", just that verse alone was enought to cement him in the anals of hip hop history, one of the best to touch the mic, one of the few that can freestyle with the best of them and still make hot records]
7 big pun [latino rhyme terrorist, would smack flames out the mic and the competition, versatile like big, could blaze a cypher or make a dope hip pop hit]
8 masta ace [one of the most slept on mcs of all time, without ace, theyre wouldnt be an em, cant compete with the "crazy drunken style"
9 black thought [also slept on, check the lyric sheets of the black lieutenant, aint to many that can swing bar for bar with this cat]
10 rza [bobby digital, the only reason, hes not higher on my list, is because, he was playing double duty, producing and mceeing, but check his many verses on 36 chambers, fatal flying ****in guillotine chops of your ****n head"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 03:12 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
In no particular order:

Chuck D.
Dr. Dre.
Ice Cube.
Tupac.
Chamillionaire.
Eminem.
Biggie.
Nas.
KRS-One.
Rakim.

OK - out of that list, Chuck D is probably my favorite. At the bottom of that list would be Biggie.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:15 PM

i know u from houston, but chamillionare really?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:19 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
i know u from houston, but chamillionare really?
He and Devin the Dude are the only ones from Houston I really feel, but I had to throw a wildcard in there. He's among my favorite hip-hop lyricists and I like his delivery. To each his own.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
He and Devin the Dude are the only ones from Houston I really feel, but I had to throw a wildcard in there. He's among my favorite hip-hop lyricists and I like his delivery. To each his own.
true true, he has substance atleast, compared to alot of houston mcs, i like him, dont get me wrong, but i wouldnt put him top 10, but u right, to each his own, peace!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:33 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Mc Ren
Mc Hammer

Um ... trying to think of more Mc's.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:38 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,358 times
Quote:
Remember, this is your list, not mtv, not vibe's, not any magazine or hip hop site, who are your top 10 mcs of all time

1 Biggie
[theyll be nobody better than big poppa, he made it cool to be overweight, and not good looking, he had swag, before it became popular, he was a great storyteller, and a dope mc, just check his verse on "victory" or "unbelievable" nuff said]
2 jay z
[their was a time, where the ******** could do no wrong, everything ***** would do, rock, say... hip hop would follow, lyrically one of the best at his prime, plus participated in one of the best battles in hip hop history, along w nas, nobody could flow so effortlessly, and make rapping look so eazy]
3 ll cool g
[1 word] longevity
4 ice cube [nwa, the architect of gangsta rap, without cube, their would be no nwa, and without nwa, their wouldnt be a miilion other gangsta/reality rappers]
5 nas [created illmatic, the perfect hip hop album, bodied jay z with ether] nuff said
6 eminem [one of the lyricist of all time, murdered ***** on "renegade", just that verse alone was enought to cement him in the anals of hip hop history, one of the best to touch the mic, one of the few that can freestyle with the best of them and still make hot records]
7 big pun [latino rhyme terrorist, would smack flames out the mic and the competition, versatile like big, could blaze a cypher or make a dope hip pop hit]
8 masta ace [one of the most slept on mcs of all time, without ace, theyre wouldnt be an em, cant compete with the "crazy drunken style"
9 black thought [also slept on, check the lyric sheets of the black lieutenant, aint to many that can swing bar for bar with this cat]
10 rza [bobby digital, the only reason, hes not higher on my list, is because, he was playing double duty, producing and mceeing, but check his many verses on 36 chambers, fatal flying ****in guillotine chops of your ****n head"

Re: Biggie - I love how you mentioned "Unbelievable". That song is so great.
I also agree with your choices of Ice Cube, Nas, and Masta Ace.

My list is way out of date and, besides Dizzee Rascal, shows how little attention I've paid since about 1995!

1. Kool Keith
2. Rakim
3. Nas
4. Grand Puba
5. Big L
6. Gza
7. Dizzee Rascal
8. Pharaoh Monche (sp?)
9. Lord Finesse
10. Kool G Rap

Old 10-02-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
Re: Biggie - I love how you mentioned "Unbelievable". That song is so great.
I also agree with your choices of Ice Cube, Nas, and Masta Ace.

My list is way out of date and, besides Dizzee Rascal, shows how little attention I've paid since about 1995!

1. Kool Keith
2. Rakim
3. Nas
4. Grand Puba
5. Big L
6. Gza
7. Dizzee Rascal
8. Pharaoh Monche (sp?)
9. Lord Finesse
10. Kool G Rap
Rakim, the god mc, would have been on my list, but i was just dissapointed that he still hasnt dropped the album, he completed while he was on Aftermath, just on his influence alone, he should have been on my list. I was just really really looking forward to that album! Grand puba, dammmm!! i forgot him, good selection, 1 of the most slept on mcs, witty and 1 of the best when it came to wordplay! Big L, another good 1, great 1, one of the best, the only reason he didnt make my list, was because he didnt have a chance to drop to much material "yo! you better flee hops, or get your head blown 3 blocks, l keep rappers hearts pumping like rebooks" just with those 3 lines hell take out 99 percent of todays rappers. The gza, another great mc, still dropping gems to this day, if he had a lil more charisma, he could have been top 5, but nevertheless still a beast!!!

hnorable mention:
ludacris, busta rhymes,the clipse,freddy fox, guru,krs 1,tame 1 from artifacts,az,cormega, prodigy [mobb deep, check apostles warning]

Old 10-02-2008, 05:59 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,358 times
Quote:
Rakim, the god mc, would have been on my list, but i was just dissapointed that he still hasnt dropped the album, he completed while he was on Aftermath, just on his influence alone, he should have been on my list. I was just really really looking forward to that album! Grand puba, dammmm!! i forgot him, good selection, 1 of the most slept on mcs, witty and 1 of the best when it came to wordplay! Big L, another good 1, great 1, one of the best, the only reason he didnt make my list, was because he didnt have a chance to drop to much material "yo! you better flee hops, or get your head blown 3 blocks, l keep rappers hearts pumping like rebooks" just with those 3 lines hell take out 99 percent of todays rappers. The gza, another great mc, still dropping gems to this day, if he had a lil more charisma, he could have been top 5, but nevertheless still a beast!!!

hnorable mention:
ludacris, busta rhymes,the clipse,freddy fox, guru,krs 1,tame 1 from artifacts,az,cormega, prodigy [mobb deep, check apostles warning]
I missed the guys from Mobb Deep and I'd probably take Prodigy over Kool G Rap, now that you mention it.

Big L was insanely talented. You may have seen this already but check out this freestyle:

YouTube - Big L and Jay-Z Freestyle

Old 10-02-2008, 06:35 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,163 times
Rakim
Common
Kool G Rap
Big Daddy Kane
Nas
Jay-Z
KRS-One
Eminem
Big Pun
Big L
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music