Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 03:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Ok, gotta ask who do "smilers" belong to?
Miley Cyrus, I watch too much Fuse to know that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 06:02 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,344,148 times
What about the deadheads? I think they still follow the remaining dead members around don't they?

Old 04-02-2014, 09:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
What's the point in making the limp wristed comment?

You're nothing but an annoying immature childish pest here on this message board and most posters here would rather you just go away.
THIS. Can we please get back to the topic? Here's my list (no videos included) based on twitter and not my own personal views because all but four suck and I only really like two:
  1. One Direction: Directioners are still big on twitter.
  2. Miley Cyrus: As I mentioned, her fans the smilers are pretty vocal. That and all the Wrecking Ball spoof videos circulating YouTube.
  3. Beyonce: The way her last album came out for what two days on iTunes without warning and still topped the charts speak volumes. I may not be a fan of her but I'll give that props.
  4. Taylor Swift: The first to not really have a vocal fanbase but Taylor Swift still is pretty popular.
  5. Katy Perry: Again, not a total vocal fanbase like the Smilers, Belibers, Lovatics and Directioners but she is pretty popular with three straight number one albums (I am not sure how her Teenage Dream re-release did in 2012.) Her newer stuff has even translated onto adult radio.
  6. Justin Beiber: What a difference a year makes. Belibers went from taking over twitter with Believe Tour Memories trending at least once a week to being a joke who is looking at "retirement." Had this list been in 2013, he quite possibly would have been #1.
  7. Lady Gaga: Two/three years ago, I would have her higher. However her ArtPop CD sold a LOT LESS copies than Born This Way did last November.
  8. Selena Gomez: She has not been a major force on the charts but due to her Disney Channel shows she does have a pretty loyal following. Enough to make the top 8.
  9. Demi Lovato: The Lovatics maybe the smallest of the vocal fans but they are quite possibly the most loyal and I think that is because of the issues Demi has gone through that others have done but not as open as she has. Also she is apparently HUGE in South America.
  10. Pink: I would imagine she would round out the top 10, mainly due to her more adult contemporary sound that she currently does.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:34 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I said that I am not going by my personal tastes. Just watch Fuse Trending 10 and most if not all of those artists are on the show each day. If I were going by my personal tastes, I would have included acts like Bon Jovi, and Imagine Dragons over most in the list I compiled because they are personally better than the ones on the list. My list was for the larger culture based on sales and twitter.
I'm not sure he reads on grade level if you know what I mean.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:58 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
As far as a loyal fan base for decades you can't find any stronger group than those that love Todd Rundgren. How many of those you listed will be attending concerts and so forth 30 or 40 years down the road? Not many that's for sure.

Toddstock (Documentary) trailer HD - YouTube
I agree. Nobody has a more loyal fan base then Todd. In fact, I am one of them! I, along with a couple of hundred of my closest friends regularly travel the country to attend his concerts and events.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:19 AM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
The only artists on the list that have any credibility are the Beatles and Micheal Jackson, the others are upstart fad items which will never stand the test of time.

The Grateful Dead, the Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynard, Led Zeppelin, Yes, Arcade Fire all have more established fan bases than some flavor of the week boy band.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music