U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 11:00 PM

2,421 posts, read 6,518,344 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Spinal Tap - The Majesty Of Rock

Rate this post positively

Old 01-20-2009, 11:22 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,130,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
-Kshe smiles in delight at the lovely bouquet, wonders to herself how MadatMcain knew Art Nouveau was her favorite, smiles and nods at the musicians, and proceeds to dance with joy.-
:laughs and joins in the fun! Dances for hours. He wonders if you know that he noticed it was the dawn's playlist evoking a response from you, which gave him the idea that maybe an Art Nouveau design would be fitting for a lady who appreciated such a variety of musical cultures. The 1900 design was created to give an international flair to architecture and items, based on decorative beauty.:

Since its been a long 4 days for me, it is my turn to Thank You for your selection of Stevie Wonder - Fufillingness' First Finale - entire CD. I shall quite enjoy listening to such a choice tonight.

(I don't get to listen to music for days on end because of the demands of my work so again Thank you. smile)

I'll also go thru the thread hopefully tomorrow and listen to everyone's choice of music this day. Again thank you Kshe95girl for the gift of music you selected. Time for me to retire. :bows... waves and leaves, smiling:

Old 01-20-2009, 11:34 PM

23,417 posts, read 33,663,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
:laughs and joins in the fun! Dances for hours. He wonders if you know that he noticed it was the dawn's playlist evoking a response from you, which gave him the idea that maybe an Art Nouveau design would be fitting for a lady who appreciated such a variety of musical cultures. The 1900 design was created to give an international flair to architecture and items, based on decorative beauty.:

Since its been a long 4 days for me, it is my turn to Thank You for your selection of Stevie Wonder - Fufillingness' First Finale - entire CD. I shall quite enjoy listening to such a choice tonight.

(I don't get to listen to music for days on end because of the demands of my work so again Thank you. smile)

I'll also go thru the thread hopefully tomorrow and listen to everyone's choice of music this day. Again thank you Kshe95girl for the gift of music you selected. Time for me to retire. :bows... waves and leaves, smiling:
May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest, and thank you for your choice of music and flowers!

Old 01-20-2009, 11:41 PM

5,785 posts, read 12,840,682 times
and now for something completely different

People Who Died by the Jim Carroll Band

Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 AM

9,912 posts, read 12,935,142 times

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

Old 01-21-2009, 01:43 AM

672 posts, read 307,346 times
War Pigs - Black Sabbath

Old 01-21-2009, 08:46 AM

17,090 posts, read 22,454,188 times
Listening to the Moody Blues this morning; Seventh Sojourn lp from 1972. Song playing is "New Horizons."

Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 AM

4,538 posts, read 8,484,238 times

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Sara

Old 01-21-2009, 12:26 PM

158 posts, read 499,853 times
Quote:
:eyes grow wide and checks... how could I have missed such a delightful name!???? a large hand grabs head with a groan and quickly decides to do something about this!:

:crosses the rotunda, flipping open a traceless cell, descending the grand staircase into an indoor garden... picks the most delicate of bouquets, re-crossing into a side room selecting a lightly perfumed pastel tissue... wraps all ... encloses with an Art Nouveau velvet ribbon... :

:cell rings, answers and agrees to meet the caller at City-Data and leaving quickly arrives at Kshe95girl's doorstep... rings the bell and turning nods to the spotter:

:sees you, Kshe95girl... and holding out the flowers sings:

"You're more than chop liver, and your words are held true... forgive my oversight, let me make it up to you..."

:mariachi trumpets sound as they stride into view:

"receive this small gift, of perfect flowers in winter bloom... I appreciate your comment and your joy of the playlist too! Forgive me and Thank you..."

:bows then rises with a smile as the yard fills with musicians singing and people responding to the band's horns:

Mariachi Dance

YouTube - Mariachi Dance
~giggling at my desk at work smiling and wishing now for computer access outside of work~

I see, Mr. MAM, you have been busy. What a sweet apology. ~smiles over at kshe95girl~ I would have loved to join in the dancing. lol

Quote:
...Since its been a long 4 days for me, it is my turn to Thank You (to kshe95girl) for your selection of Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale - entire CD. I shall quite enjoy listening to such a choice tonight.
Mr. MAM and kshe95girl, the album (and most of the songs on that album) were found on imeem. ~big smile~ because this will the the first time I can link to music.

Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale (remastered from original)
http://www.imeem.com/tag/?f=music&q=album:Fulfillingness'+First+Finale

My favorites on this album are the first three, not in order, Too Shy To Say, Smile Please, and Heaven is 10 Zillion Liight Years Away.

Sometimes it asks you to make a free account to hear an album.

I like to imagine that Stevie showed up at the party and began to sing ~laughing~

Stevie Wonder - Too Shy To Say

YouTube - Stevie Wonder - Too Shy To Say

My lunch break is up, even though I might stay after work to go through the music of the four days I missed. ~playful pout~

I so look forward to more musical travels.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:22 PM

4,152 posts, read 10,285,884 times
I'm so enjoying the songs at

far on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

the first track "pony" is a cover, & it's a runaway online (and KROQ) hit!!!!
Hilarious!

Last edited by bellalunatic; 01-21-2009 at 02:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.