Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2020, 03:15 PM

1,400 posts, read 767,530 times

Advertisements

Other than that, what on Earth is this woman saying in the song "Say So". I hate to admit that I like the sound of part of it, but first I thought she sounded like a twelve year old and then the song changed and it sounded like a woman right off the street. I even looked up the lyrics and still don't know what she's saying in parts of it. Am I the only one? If I am, say so If not, tell me the meaning of the lyrics gently I'm sort of a gentle soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 03:48 PM

8,502 posts, read 8,802,096 times
I wouldn't worry about those words. The lyrics are unfocused, not well-written, barely telling a story, repetitive and frankly clunky and boring imo. But not that suggestive. If you like the retro-disco sound, just follow the melody. Rod Stewart said: "If you think I am sexy, come on baby let me know." There isn't much more to this song.

She wants the new guy (serviceman in video) to say he wants her bad / now because she is hot / special. Thinks it, knows it, wants to hear it. So, say so... I am ready to thrown down but you gotta ask me... and then keep me "focused" by focusing on me and keep asking for it / me. In the video she positions herself as high class but willing to be with the hunky serviceman, if he can come out and say he wants her. But he doesn't yet. High class, down to earth... she's alright, things going well but is waiting for / wanting more. See me on display, on the pedestal, then take me down and love me (at least for right now). Oh hey! He is at the club and knows how to dress and dance! The fairy tale comes true in the end.

The video is more of a story than the song actually but I guess it expresses the message of the song. That is what I got from it.

Doesn't seem it would be that hard to produce an equal or better song / video on that theme... (with the money for crew & equipment to make it and a distribution deal to possibly pay it off / get something from it) But would rather go for something else to listen to (or otherwise).

Last edited by NW Crow; 07-10-2020 at 05:10 PM..

Old 07-10-2020, 05:42 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
Other than that, what on Earth is this woman saying in the song "Say So". I hate to admit that I like the sound of part of it, but first I thought she sounded like a twelve year old and then the song changed and it sounded like a woman right off the street. I even looked up the lyrics and still don't know what she's saying in parts of it. Am I the only one? If I am, say so If not, tell me the meaning of the lyrics gently I'm sort of a gentle soul.

I don't even know what song you're talking about, sorry.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:19 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,530 times
Thank you for the education, Mr. NW Crow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music