Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2022, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 2,096 times

Advertisements

These were two of the biggest songs in hip hop in 2002. I was wondering what song was bigger or more popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 01:52 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Hot in here, definitely.

Eminem's 'Without Me' was bigger than 'Lose Yourself'. But I'd still give the win to Nelly, as far as radio jams go..

Old 06-10-2022, 06:29 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Well, for starters..........one of them won the performer an Oscar and the other didnt. That kinda ends the debate right there. Not that its and actual debate at all because I dont think its even close.

Old 06-10-2022, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Well, for starters..........one of them won the performer an Oscar and the other didnt. That kinda ends the debate right there. Not that its and actual debate at all because I dont think its even close.
That’s because it was featured in a film, “Hot in Herre” wasn’t. Even if “Lose Yourself” was bigger it can’t be by much. I remember much more people talking about “Hot in Herre” back in 2002. “Hot in Herre” seemed to get more airplay and requests. And the fact it was released close to the summer probably helped.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:56 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderdam109 View Post
That’s because it was featured in a film, “Hot in Herre” wasn’t. Even if “Lose Yourself” was bigger it can’t be by much. I remember much more people talking about “Hot in Herre” back in 2002. “Hot in Herre” seemed to get more airplay and requests. And the fact it was released close to the summer probably helped.
Yeah, I was 22 that summer, I remember it vividly...

'Lose Yourself' was not a club jam, 'Hot in Here' was/is.

'Lose Yourself' was just the white boy anthem for a brief period of time. Now it's been reduced to a meme about "mom's spaghetti."

You can't dance to 'Lose Yourself', or any of Eminem's music for that matter.... But as soon as 'Hot In Here' comes on, you know what time it is...lol

RIP to Pasha Bleasdell, the model in the video, who passed away a week ago..

https://people.com/music/pasha-bleas...eo-dead-at-38/

Nelly - Hot In Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZZr_p6vB8

Old 06-14-2022, 06:07 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
First you asked

Quote:
These were two of the biggest songs in hip hop in 2002. I was wondering what song was bigger or more popular.
Then you wrote

Quote:
So end of discussion. You were asking a question you had already decided the answer to. FWIW, "Lose Yourself" was not even Eminem's best-selling song that year according to Billboard. It was #63 on the year end chart while "Hot In Here" was #3.

Old 06-14-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
First you asked

Then you wrote

So end of discussion. You were asking a question you had already decided the answer to. FWIW, "Lose Yourself" was not even Eminem's best-selling song that year according to Billboard. It was #63 on the year end chart while "Hot In Here" was #3.

I just wanted to know other people’s opinions. There’s nothing better than a good old fashion debate. That’s why I challenged what he said. People do this all the time.

Old 06-14-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
First you asked

Then you wrote

I was telling him my experiences from hearing “Hot in Herre” Maybe there was something about “Lose Yourself” that I didn’t know, that made it a bigger song. It’s always great to learn new things. Debates are great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music