Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 12:57 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,838,418 times

Advertisements

I would like to never hear any Rap music again.

Misogynistic, rude, depressing, and violent.

Unpleasant to the ear, and mostly bragging or complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2023, 01:06 PM

5,656 posts, read 3,162,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
Hank Williams Jr.
I saw Hank Williams Jr opening for Kid Rock one time. He was boring and drunk. He spent more time talking about how he was the best thing around than he did playing.

Old 01-06-2023, 01:34 AM

2,229 posts, read 773,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I saw Hank Williams Jr opening for Kid Rock one time. He was boring and drunk. He spent more time talking about how he was the best thing around than he did playing.
This is no surprise. Most of these outlaw country artists are old men with a big beer belly.

Old 01-06-2023, 08:13 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,162,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
This is no surprise. Most of these outlaw country artists are old men with a big beer belly.
Bingo.

Old 01-07-2023, 07:23 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,134,492 times
Do that to me one more time, Captain & Tennille, I never get sick of them, when all the others turn them off, I'll be turning them on, but that Muskrat song is a POS.

So sick of Cats In the Cradle, American Pie.

John Lennon's songs, and a few Beatles songs still work for me, it helps that he was shot, if he was still alive and on the political scene today, I probably wouldn't like them as much.

Don't care so much for the metal sound anymore, but still enjoy AC DC, KISS (Detroit Rock City should be played more often), Cheap Trick, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, but not so much 80's hair bands anymore. They play Van Halen and Zep so much I'm sick of most of those tunes, but not all, Ice Cream Man still works, and Sammy's 3 Lock Box.

Never get sick of The Pretenders, but Joan Jett is dead to me now.

The Police has great staying power for me, Wrapped Around Your Finger still has that haunting feel to it. I'm so sick of Every Breath You Take, but the Duck Duck Go ad campaign featuring that song was brilliant IMO, with creepy google guy looking over your shoulder while you type. I am sick of Roxanne.

The Cars still hold up for me, but sick of Good Times Roll. Most Steve Miller still works, they play Take The Money and Run too much, and underplay other good songs like Jet Airliner, Wild Mountain Honey, Serenade, 60's Space Cowboy, Winter Time, Fly Like An Eagle.

Some Eagles songs still hold up great for me, I can't tell you why, In the City, Long Run, Tequilla Sunrise. Most the others are worn out.

Sick of Queen songs, way overplayed.

Fleetwood Mac still works, but "Don't Stop" has Bill Clinton cooties and I don't like that one anymore.

Hard to complain about Crosby Still & Nash songs, but no more Buffalo Springfield, stop, hey what's that sound.....turn it off.

On the other hand, many lightweight soft rock and some disco songs that I used to shun when I was in high school, I enjoy hearing today. Like Howard Jones, Paul Young, some of Madonna's slow songs like Live To Tell and Like a Prayer. Testosterone levels dropping I guess. The best cure for this problem can be found in the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u79bRLCH6O4

Last edited by mofford; 01-07-2023 at 08:04 PM..

Old 01-07-2023, 10:22 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,125,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Chile70 View Post
Coldplay;- utter dross.

Plus 'Don't Look Back in Anger' and 'Wonderwall' by Oasis. Way overplayed by UK radio stations: Oasis came out with some pretty good stuff back in the 90s, but these two dismal offerings are all we hear of them over the airwaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LEK6VYjtQ0

Old 03-23-2023, 08:42 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Do that to me one more time, Captain & Tennille, I never get sick of them, when all the others turn them off, I'll be turning them on, but that Muskrat song is a POS.

So sick of Cats In the Cradle, American Pie.

John Lennon's songs, and a few Beatles songs still work for me, it helps that he was shot, if he was still alive and on the political scene today, I probably wouldn't like them as much.

Don't care so much for the metal sound anymore, but still enjoy AC DC, KISS (Detroit Rock City should be played more often), Cheap Trick, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, but not so much 80's hair bands anymore. They play Van Halen and Zep so much I'm sick of most of those tunes, but not all, Ice Cream Man still works, and Sammy's 3 Lock Box.

Never get sick of The Pretenders, but Joan Jett is dead to me now.

The Police has great staying power for me, Wrapped Around Your Finger still has that haunting feel to it. I'm so sick of Every Breath You Take, but the Duck Duck Go ad campaign featuring that song was brilliant IMO, with creepy google guy looking over your shoulder while you type. I am sick of Roxanne.

The Cars still hold up for me, but sick of Good Times Roll. Most Steve Miller still works, they play Take The Money and Run too much, and underplay other good songs like Jet Airliner, Wild Mountain Honey, Serenade, 60's Space Cowboy, Winter Time, Fly Like An Eagle.

Some Eagles songs still hold up great for me, I can't tell you why, In the City, Long Run, Tequilla Sunrise. Most the others are worn out.

Sick of Queen songs, way overplayed.

Fleetwood Mac still works, but "Don't Stop" has Bill Clinton cooties and I don't like that one anymore.

Hard to complain about Crosby Still & Nash songs, but no more Buffalo Springfield, stop, hey what's that sound.....turn it off.

On the other hand, many lightweight soft rock and some disco songs that I used to shun when I was in high school, I enjoy hearing today. Like Howard Jones, Paul Young, some of Madonna's slow songs like Live To Tell and Like a Prayer. Testosterone levels dropping I guess. The best cure for this problem can be found in the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u79bRLCH6O4
Yeah there is cooties with Don't stop thinking about t tomorrow from the clintons ugh .. every time I hear that song I think of that campaign use of it.

Old 03-23-2023, 09:38 PM

17,403 posts, read 16,560,898 times
Queen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music