Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

Come on music lovers. Tell us what it was like. Can it move your heart like the Vietnam Memorial wall? Does it make you angry that Rock has given way to that horrible noise they try and call rap or hippity hop? Or does it just bring you back to the good ol days when life was better and going to a concert was lifes greatest pleasure?

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is on my list of things to do in my travels.

What's it like?
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 10:08 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
It's wonderful. Paying homage to the greats of rock n roll from the beginning. Go on a Wednesday, they're open til 9pm you're going to need the time. There are 7 floors to see, the building itself was designed by I.M. Pei so it's basically a giant triangle.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:09 PM

Thanks arod, it's on our list of most important places to visit.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:05 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
I'm grumpy about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rock isn't about museums and it sure isn't about awards. That is the antithesis of rock.

I loved it when the Sex Pistols were inducted into the RaRHoF, and they told the Hall of Fame to stick it. I wish more artists would do that.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:25 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm grumpy about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rock isn't about museums and it sure isn't about awards. That is the antithesis of rock.

I loved it when the Sex Pistols were inducted into the RaRHoF, and they told the Hall of Fame to stick it. I wish more artists would do that.
It's not just about awards; there are costumes, unseen videos, and you'll learn a lot about the history of rock, influences, etc....

Old 07-17-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

I think I understand where your coming from there but a building/museum that celebrates good music is about showing off memorabilia and bringing us tidbits that made it great. Like the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Where else can you learn and see things that had to do with Babe Ruth?

Im not familiar with whatever stupid reasons the sex pistals had for what they did but it seems like their loss.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
I only saw a part of it before we got kicked out. I felt like a rebel.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 PM

2,817 posts, read 1,885,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I think I understand where your coming from there but a building/museum that celebrates good music is about showing off memorabilia and bringing us tidbits that made it great. Like the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Where else can you learn and see things that had to do with Babe Ruth?

Im not familiar with whatever stupid reasons the sex pistals had for what they did but it seems like their loss.
Yep, it sure is considering The Sex Pistols royally stink. It sould have been a compliment considering their accomplishments. That's funny! lol Here, this one is definately worthy of it. It's on my to do list as always. I want to look at some cloths and instruments or memorabilia. Namely from Hendrix and others!

The Allman Brothers Band 1995 One Way Out Live at the R&RHOF - YouTube

Old 09-03-2011, 04:31 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Iv' been there, but a long time ago. I liked looking at what people wore on stage and it's fun place. I definitely recommend it. It's history. Why not preserve it? What's wrong with some of you people?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,264,181 times
It's super went about ten years ago.Also did the NFL Hall in Canton. Both great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music