Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 05:55 AM

7 posts, read 29,778 times

Advertisements

Hi, I need HELP finding out any and all information on this guitar. We have a Arthur Smith Merlin Country Squire Electric HollowBody that the Great Arthur Guitar Boogie promoted. The guitar is in new like condition and just need any and all information any as to where we can see other pictures or collectors! This is an old guitar not a Japan made. ANYONE ABLE TO HELP??? here is link to site for our for our pics. Do a copy and paste, if link does not work please email me and I will send pic have if link does work . I found in order to get link to work you MUST copy all words but the [url] at front and end MUST NOT BE ADDED!

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL236.../335886590.jpg

Thank You and God Bless Saundra & Alton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,165 times
Default merlin country squire

I looked at the picture of your Merlin and it is identical to the one I purchased from Lowe's here in Chattanooga TN in the 60's. Did anyone else give you any info on your such as value?

Old 11-09-2008, 04:31 AM

7 posts, read 29,778 times
no, sad to say. I waas given the phone number to the recording studio that is owned by Mr. Smith & his son Clay. I called serveral times and got the company's answering machine and left message on both Mr. Smith, his son and his daughter in law's phone messages but none would call me back to confirm that he did promote the Merlin. I guess he forgot the fans. May I ask what you paid for yours in the 60's? Ours was purchased off ebay in the 80's for 350.00, Hubby collects guitars. Thanks, Saundra

Old 05-01-2015, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,346 times
Default Arthur Smith Country Squire

Hello,

I own an Merlin Arthur Smith Country Squire guitar but it is missing the unique pickguard.

The guitar is otherwise in original mint condition and plays great.

For your information, the guitar was made in Japan by Greco and has three single-coil pickups with a very unique control set-up so that the volume of each of the pickups can be mixed directly on the guitar.

I am looking to either buy or fabricate the pickguard. If anyone has this pickguard for sale, or if anyone would be so kind as to provide me with a template/tracing of it, I would be very grateful.

Thank You,

Bruce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music