Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 01:57 PM

205 posts, read 820,819 times

Advertisements

Ok, I know a lot of CD members write music, and perform music, so I thought it would be cool to get to know some of the bands on here. It would be cool to link to a place where a song or two can be streamed or downloaded. Also, opinions on the artists would be appreciated!

Any artists / bands want to start this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 05:16 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,316,704 times
My band doesn´t have any new songs.
We wouldn´t have anything to download anyway.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:01 PM

331 posts, read 1,384,545 times
same with mine. I have a collaboration going with my bud from back home that now lives about an hour away from me. We barely have 1 song finished. The music is written, but there are no lyrics to it. I am also working on my own material as well. I am trying a new approach of mixing my playing actual instruments on some songs, creating others with loops in Sony ACID, and also some combining the 2. I have just gotten started experimenting, and do not have anything finished, although i do have some older material of my own on this site: Songs by RJB, Citizen of ACIDplanet.com
if anyone is interested. Some songs i wrote back between 2002 and 2004. With the exception of one that was written in 1997. The sound mix isn't the best, but at least it shows some of what i do

Old 11-04-2008, 08:35 AM

178 posts, read 480,611 times
Me, I am a drummer and I believe that this is a good Idea. You can see pics or me and my drums on my profile. You can check out my bands music by searching my space "The Heath Row Band" in Phoenix

Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,647,286 times
I don't actually play in a band but I'm gonna look to join one some time in the next few months. I'm primarily a bass player am mainly into playing alternative rock but I'll give anything a go. Just so long as it has a fun bassline it doesn't really matter what genre it fits into. I also dabble with the guitar, the piano and the keyboard now and again but that's more just for leisure as supposed to playing at any significant level. I can also sing okay but I'm nowhere near confident enough to do that in front of people yet.

I've always wanted to take up playing the drums but I've never got around to it. I'm hopefully going to get a part-time job soon though so I might save up for a kit and have me a few lessons to get started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music