U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 AM
 
Location: New Orleans
1,978 posts, read 3,273,504 times
Reputation: 2794

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
Oh, yes one of my favs
Rate this post positively

 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:14 AM
 
4,353 posts, read 5,689,684 times
Reputation: 10416
I'm having so much fun with this, I was so worried about repeating obvious choices before but now it's a new thread I can play all my favourites and I know what's already been played......


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHo43B6nu60
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:15 AM
 
13,138 posts, read 37,899,005 times
Reputation: 12207
Speaking of Prince i can't believe i forgot to add this movie to my top 10 movie list in another thread reciently and also he's my alltime fav black musician ever .

It's kinda emotional at the end when his guitarist Wendy Melvoin is crying (not acting) and reaches over and kisses her on the cheek. Too bad he fired her along with his keyboardist Lisa Coleman and Bobby Z his drummer in 1986 (Internal politics) as that was a mistake IMOH.

Prince - Purple Rain - Purple Rain Movie (http://videohub.ro/video/2663/Prince-Purple-Rain - broken link)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:40 AM
 
4,353 posts, read 5,689,684 times
Reputation: 10416

YouTube - Dear Enemy - Computer One (Remastered Audio)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:50 AM
 
4,353 posts, read 5,689,684 times
Reputation: 10416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Speaking of Prince i can't believe i forgot to add this movie to my top 10 movie list in another thread reciently and also he's my alltime fav black musician ever .

It's kinda emotional at the end when his guitarist Wendy Melvoin is crying (not acting) and reaches over and kisses her on the cheek. Too bad he fired her along with his keyboardist Lisa Coleman and Bobby Z his drummer in 1986 (Internal politics) as that was a mistake IMOH.

Prince - Purple Rain - Purple Rain Movie (http://videohub.ro/video/2663/Prince-Purple-Rain - broken link)

Fantastic song. He must have really put a lot of himself into the whole Purple Rain thing, the movie and the music. You can just tell it has a piece of his soul in it, which (to me) is what art is all about.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 3,146,366 times
Reputation: 2188
Good morning to you cool 80s crew!! Lady Ice.. Skywatcher75.. Spicoli.. er I mean 6 ft 3!!


YouTube - Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go



:-)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-28-2009, 09:00 AM
 
13,138 posts, read 37,899,005 times
Reputation: 12207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
Fantastic song. He must have really put a lot of himself into the whole Purple Rain thing, the movie and the music. You can just tell it has a piece of his soul in it, which (to me) is what art is all about.
I 've heard that the movie was supposedly a reflection of his early life before his stardom.

As for Wendy and Lisa they were best of friends and they fiormed their own band. Wendy sounds like Aimee Mann of Til Tuesday (Voices Carry Hit Song). I've posted this before but for those who've never heard their music or seen the video of Wendy and Lisa after they left Prince


YouTube - Wendy & Lisa - Waterfall
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-28-2009, 09:03 AM
 
13,138 posts, read 37,899,005 times
Reputation: 12207
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Good morning to you cool 80s crew!! Lady Ice.. Skywatcher75.. Spicoli.. er I mean 6 ft 3!!
Did someone mention Spicoli



YouTube - Surf's Up, Spicoli
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-28-2009, 10:10 AM
 
13,138 posts, read 37,899,005 times
Reputation: 12207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I'm having so much fun with this, I was so worried about repeating obvious choices before but now it's a new thread I can play all my favourites and I know what's already been played......
Have fun Lady Ice as so am i as i feel like i'm at MTV heaven .



YouTube - The Human League - The Lebanon
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-28-2009, 10:17 AM
 
4,353 posts, read 5,689,684 times
Reputation: 10416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Have fun Lady Ice as so am i as i feel like i'm at MTV heaven .



YouTube - The Human League - The Lebanon

You should have seen the burst of new wave dancing you brought on in my living room with that one....
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top