Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 04:11 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,318,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
1. Nu-metal (Limp Bizkit, Korn, Disturbed Slipknot, etc....)
2. Post Grunge (Nickelback, Three Doors Down, Seether etc...)
3. Hip Hop/ Rap/ R&B (Akon, Fifty Cent, Kanye West, etc...)
4. Pop (Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Jonas Brothers etc....)
5. Pop-punk (Good Charlote, Sum 41, Blink 182 etc...)
I should add your list to my post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 04:18 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Pop music has to be my least favourite. All the bland, uninspiring boy and girl band rubbish, plus things like Britney Spears, Beyonce etc, modern so called "soul" music or modern R&B... I'm also not that keen on rap,hip-hop ( though some of it can be good), techno-garage stuff and basically anything which requires little singing, instrument playing song-writing talent.

Music which either bores you to tears or makes you "meh" is never high on my list of must listen to...

Old 06-24-2009, 06:55 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
Rap. This stuff is the cancer of this decade. At least, in the 90's, most people knew it was timed talking, not music, and only a few oddballs liked it. Now, you can't get away from this stupid crap!! Filthy, violent lyrics that degrade women, no melody, just some stupid jail bait jackass jabbering away about how despicable his moral fabric is. No melody, no instrumentals, just that idiotic bass beat that a 3 year old could create with the bass drum in the band room at the nearest Elementary School. That this garbage is so popular just shows that the U.S. has become a complete wasteland in terms of decency and moral fabric.
The dumbing down of America?

Old 06-24-2009, 07:16 AM

767 posts, read 2,065,664 times
Techno-pop
Death metal
Whiny or hokey style country

Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
Rap and Country are no doubt the worst...
Rap for its lack of talent, horrible content, lack of actual music
Country for being written by writers(not the singers)And many..
Times the lyrics are so cheesy and over the top its laughable.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:41 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Gotta say rap for the way its been the last 10 years or so.
Also pop music

Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
My least favorite genre is the racist filth that comes from the white supremacists such as Prussian Blue (and the crew behind those two girls). They have every right to sing that stuff, but I don't have to like it.
Talk about lack of decency.

Last edited by BlueWillowPlate; 06-24-2009 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: decided to take out the video

Old 06-24-2009, 09:28 AM

1,250 posts, read 4,783,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Rap and classical. Especially rap.
Hmph!

I just happen to like rap (hip-hop) and classical so it caught me off guard to see both mentioned in the same post. LOL

Old 06-24-2009, 09:46 AM

1,250 posts, read 4,783,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwelleaut View Post
Rap. This stuff is the cancer of this decade. At least, in the 90's, most people knew it was timed talking, not music, and only a few oddballs liked it. Now, you can't get away from this stupid crap!! Filthy, violent lyrics that degrade women, no melody, just some stupid jail bait jackass jabbering away about how despicable his moral fabric is. No melody, no instrumentals, just that idiotic bass beat that a 3 year old could create with the bass drum in the band room at the nearest Elementary School. That this garbage is so popular just shows that the U.S. has become a complete wasteland in terms of decency and moral fabric.
I do humbly respect your opinion as we are all entitled to like or dislike what we want. However, by reading this post I can't help but to believe that you have not listened to very much hip hop, if any at all.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
My least favorite genre is the racist filth that comes from the white supremacists such as Prussian Blue (and the crew behind those two girls). They have every right to sing that stuff, but I don't have to like it.
Talk about lack of decency.
I have to admit I have been shielded from all this until you mentioned this , and I won't even try to find out what it's like.... I saw a documentary with Louis Theroux ( Paul's son) about white supremacists and two little girls were being indoctrinated into becoming racist pop stars . Are those the ones ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music