Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you like this song?
I like it 12 18.75%
Sort of like it 6 9.38%
Don't care about it 10 15.63%
I hate it 36 56.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:12 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,217,617 times

Advertisements

It sounds like a complete rip off of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXPT8sw_FjU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:59 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,989,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTeam View Post
Rate this song? Sure...it's AWFUL.

Ke$ha is glamorizing drinking, going missing, dressing like a **** and she looks like a juvenile crack-*****. What's good about this song, or this so-called "artist"? Is this what music has come to today and is this supposed to be an example to our young people? This song is vomit-worthy and a sad representation of today's culture, i.e. young people drinking themselves into an oblivion and girls whoring themselves out at a way too early age.

Normally, I would be of the "get off the old puritan high horse" attitude, but you are right, I agree, there is no need to glamorize a real problem...I used to live in a college town and saw eighteen year old drunk girls passed out on the sidewalks all the time.

I just ask this of all those people who had kids in the 90s or were older back than: I bet you would MUCH rather it be that good old satan worship music than this crap, huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rJvEAg6IQQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6jOW...eature=related

(this song, "Sumerland" is amazing, I don't care what anybody says. NOTHING this good is heard on the radio nowadays)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCMm1mJ3DRs

I mean, if your teenage daughter dressed in all black and wore an upside down cross and had little black magick rituals in here room at night when you were asleep, at least she wouldn't have been hurting herself or running the risk of dying in a DWI getting raped (unless of course she did indeed summon a demon and it was looking for some lovin'...)

At least my generation's rebellion ( the whole 90s goth/industrial thing) was something that would not really hurt is and was more of a statement than something as awful as this. I mean, at the end of the day, we just grew up and laughed at ourselves and finally lost the combat boots and black clothes: follow the example of people like Kesha, and these kids might well end up dead.

Looking at the way things are now, I bet it looks real silly the way everyone flipped out about the kids in black after the whole Columbine thing. Two kids killed nineteen people, for a total of 21...21 teenagers will die of drunk driving this week alone.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:06 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,626,453 times
^^ Sorry I am not feeling that music neither. I will have a heart attack if that music was on top of the music charts too. Too dark for me.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
^^ Sorry I am not feeling that music neither. I will have a heart attack if that music was on top of the music charts too. Too dark for me.

"Dark" is a relative term. Some kid playing around with the spooky and "black magick" is "dark" in the ascetic sense, but not in the actual sense. A kid who spends a sizeable chunk of his/her youth in black and reading Alister Crowley is not nearly as Dark as a kid half naked, getting drunk every night and doing drugs. The former just makes for a humerous, semi-embarrassing story later on in life while the latter might well result in a lifetime of consequences and regrets.

Anyhow, the fact that this song here was actually on the top ten last year is proof that there might be some small, sliver of hope for America after all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqc246Kwgxw

Old 01-18-2010, 09:34 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,553,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
If only I was born in 69 and not 81, I could have been in college when this, and a whole host of other great songs, came out. But no, instead, I am young in this day and age...
I was born in '69. Trust me, there was plenty of crap music in my day, too.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:11 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,317,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I was born in '69. Trust me, there was plenty of crap music in my day, too.
If you compared the Billboard Top 10 of some random week in 1969 versus 2009/2010, the former would likely seem stocked with songs by musical geniuses by comparison.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,408,926 times
I'll give it a 10! For sexy legs.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:01 PM

5 posts, read 5,134 times
This song is pure garbage. Tra$ha looks like she's a 16 year old addicted to crystal meth, singing songs about being drunk in the morning and "disappearing". What the heck has society come to? If I had a teenage daughter, I would not want her listening to this garbage.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:11 AM

479 posts, read 1,444,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

I mean, if your teenage daughter dressed in all black and wore an upside down cross and had little black magick rituals in here room at night when you were asleep, at least she wouldn't have been hurting herself or running the risk of dying in a DWI getting raped (unless of course she did indeed summon a demon and it was looking for some lovin'...)

At least my generation's rebellion ( the whole 90s goth/industrial thing) was something that would not really hurt is and was more of a statement than something as awful as this. I mean, at the end of the day, we just grew up and laughed at ourselves and finally lost the combat boots and black clothes: follow the example of people like Kesha, and these kids might well end up dead.

Looking at the way things are now, I bet it looks real silly the way everyone flipped out about the kids in black after the whole Columbine thing. Two kids killed nineteen people, for a total of 21...21 teenagers will die of drunk driving this week alone.
I don't know. I think some people that listen to that music you posted were more likely to commit suicide. I had a co-worker, who's brother used to listen to that dark stuff in the 90's and he committed suicide. Not a good alternative to the Tra$ha music.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekitor View Post
I don't know. I think some people that listen to that music you posted were more likely to commit suicide. I had a co-worker, who's brother used to listen to that dark stuff in the 90's and he committed suicide. Not a good alternative to the Tra$ha music.

Yes, and I know someone who listened to country and committed suicide. It's just a song and a song does not make people kill themselves (granted, if I was stuck in a place that played that top ten crap, I might be thinking about it)

Millions of kids listened to that kind of thing in the 90s, and most just grew out of it...millions of kids listening to this Kesha crap will very likely gop ahead and drink and act stupid as a result of following that example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music