Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times

Advertisements

Thursday,
The more, the merrier! Geez! Ginger would love to be a part of your clan! How much fun would that be?! I was truly amused by the dog's wink.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:33 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
I try to take in as many fosters as I can. There's always a couple open bowls of food and a dog door they can run in and out of - so they pretty much take care of themselves.

The only problem I had was with the Jack Russel terrier in the photo behind winky there. All the jacks I had up to that point were just wonderul and defied jack russel behavior - not that one though. She riipped down all my window blinds in the front of house, could scale the drawer handles in the kitchen and got up on the kitchen counter knocking things over and breaking them. If I put her in a cage she would bark incessintly and jump up and down with cage coming up off the floor. She learned to scale the fence - not jump it but scale it and got out a couple times. That dog drove me insane and I had to turn down 10 people who wanted her. She is now living on a big farm with a guy who grew up with jack russels so she's where she is suppose to be.

There's nothing more thrilling than to see the people who adopt these dogs and are just elated. Watching this union happen, especially with dogs that would ordinarily be put to sleep, is just the most heartwarming thing in the world.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:01 AM

Thursday! You have a golden heart! The world needs more people like you to take these dogs under their wing.

Bless you!

Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Good afternoon, music lovers!

Old 06-18-2010, 08:39 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,546,928 times
: swing off backpack real quick.. whistles and see her comin.. lafs!!!:
GINGER!! .. : I know I'm doin the wrong thing by not stayin calm
but can't help it! I'm overJOYED to see her for a minute!:

:hear other barks.. looks up.. see the pack&lafs.. huggin them too: Where
did you guys come from? Your Mom Thursday? what about her? : sayin
with a big smile ..: Ooooo! Shes a great Mom too!

:hear other humans sayin I gotta go so give each dog a special hug..
Ginger followin me to the edges of this world.. I kiss her furry head..:

Love you too girl..! Jim

Old 06-18-2010, 05:36 PM

We just returned from our usual walk around the complex - she wanted to do it twice. I think its about half mile of sidewalk walking. In one building over, there is a woman with an elder mix yellow dog, friendly and so is the woman. We normally stop to chat. Today there was a black and white dog hiding under the woman's plastic lawn chair. Ginger brave and bold goes up to the new dog and nose to nose greeted this male. He was a puppy, very, very thin and sort of friendly but he sort of growled a puppy growl at Ginger. She was like "Hey! Lets be friends! Whatcha mad about?!" I heard the pup and told him "No..... Be nice" and he stopped. More like afraid. The woman must be feeding him. Cute puppy - black with white socks.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:12 PM

5,431 posts, read 29,174,116 times
Coming over to pet Ginger and give her a treat...such a good puppy...was that other puppy trying to intimidate you...scratch her between her ears...you're doing so well...twice around the complex...give her a big hug...this is from Jim...he misses you, Girl...he'll be gone for a few days...but I'll come by and see you so you don't miss him too much...

~DesertWanderer~

Old 06-19-2010, 02:29 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default Case On Hiatus

My dear friends, I am sorry to tell you that I will need to take a brief hiatus from the forum for now. My computer is having some serious problems and I have had trouble getting things posted, so I will be coming to you from a secondary site until the issue at home is resolved. I will, however, be very limited to what I can bring (YouTubes are on hold for now), as my resources will be limited. Thank you, in advance, for your patience and understanding.

Let's just hope I'll be patient during this situation. Please know that I will return when things are normal once again. Thanks.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:15 PM

2,897 posts, read 20,338,741 times
Mr. Case, I'm so sorry to hear of your computer problems! So many of us enjoy your Country Gold and depend upon it to give us a lift out of the rat race. We are going to miss you!

Thank goodness that there are posts I haven't commented on. I'll keep on listening and commenting--I'm so grateful that there is still some Country Gold in reserve that I can listen to!

Topaz

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 06-19-2010 at 06:27 PM..

Old 06-19-2010, 10:00 PM

5,431 posts, read 29,174,116 times
Waving at everyone...Case, so sorry to hear that...my little netbook has been one of the best investments I've made...came in very handy when my computer crashed...and when I go out of town...always in touch! Hopefully a speedy recovery!

...I sit down and let Ginger come to me...I know you miss Jim, Girl...so do I...that's right...put your head in my lap...we'll sit here and mope together for a little while...

~DesertWanderer~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music